compound lifts

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, parth, stuward

work of art
n00b
n00b

compound lifts

Post by work of art » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 am

I have been training using compound lifts for about 2 months exclusively without isolation exercises.Ihave not noticed a big difference in my physique in excluding the isolatin lifts.I will continue to train using the big basics.

wilburburns

Re: compound lifts

Post by wilburburns » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:47 am

work of art wrote:I have been training using compound lifts for about 2 months exclusively without isolation exercises.Ihave not noticed a big difference in my physique in excluding the isolatin lifts.I will continue to train using the big basics.
Do you have a question? Or are you just making a statement?

Is your goal to maintain the exact same physique? If so, sounds like you are doing well. :neu:

Cliff

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Are you eating tons of food?

And are you lifting properly?

idunno11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by idunno11 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Well if you hit the compound's hard, and you don't do a split routine of ABCDEF, but a full body workout, or AB, then the problem is probably in your food and or sleep.
Indeed as jebus stated technique might be another point to check out.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Re: compound lifts

Post by Stephen Johnson » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:48 pm

work of art wrote:I have been training using compound lifts for about 2 months exclusively without isolation exercises.Ihave not noticed a big difference in my physique in excluding the isolatin lifts.I will continue to train using the big basics.
Are you getting stronger, or are you lifting the same amount of weight as you did when you started?

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:37 am

I think it's a bit funny, I've seen a lot of advice being given, but even after reading and rereading the OP's post, I don't see a question in there, and have no clue if he/she is even looking for advice.
Tim

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 am

TimD wrote:I think it's a bit funny, I've seen a lot of advice being given, but even after reading and rereading the OP's post, I don't see a question in there, and have no clue if he/she is even looking for advice.
Tim
I took it as the poster not getting the desired results from his workouts despite using compound exercises.

You're right about the poster being vague about his training goals.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:40 pm

I understood the exact opposite - that the OP had stopped using isolation exercises and didn't notice any lack from doing so.

If you browse back through his prior posts (a year ago or more in some cases) he's always making a case for sticking to the big basic. So I'd be surprised if he's doing more than stating that he's ditching the single-joint stuff but didn't miss it.

Just my understanding.