How am I doing?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:51 am

Sorry to semi-hijack but better than its own subject I think - but do you/people here find that Bench Press/Shoulder Press clash a little? I'm doing stronglifts now and I had to miss mondays session (m/w/f) and do it tuesday - I did my bench *and* pushups tuesday, then wednesday it was shoulder press time, my shoulder press suffered from the tuesdays chest session.

Does that mean my press' form is off? or is it generally acknowledged that the chest plays a reasonable part in the press?

On topic:
I wont chip in with advice as you seem to be further ahead than me :) but goodluck with it.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:54 am

Your shoulders just haven't recovered all the way from the bench press. That tends to happen.

shockware
n00b
n00b

Post by shockware » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 am

you're doing great as the others would say :)

jackthestrat
Novice
Novice

Post by jackthestrat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 am

So here's a question.

I do a 5x3 set of assisted chin ups, last rep is a negative, as part of my workouts. I cannot perform a single unassisted chin/pullup.

Don't get me wrong, I get tired enough doing them that I have a horrific time getting through the last set even with assistance, but the next day I feel as if I did not work my back out at all. No fatigue.

Am I doing something wrong here?

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:10 am

No, keep progressing as you're able. Pain and fatique are not signs of progress, getting stronger is.