Steroids?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, parth, stuward

User avatar
Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Ironman » Sun May 09, 2010 12:49 pm

manofsteel1385 wrote:Pete I have been lifting and researching and doing different things for 10 years now.

I'm not sure a trainer could teach me or show me anything that would inhibit the growth that I'm looking for. As for diet I have a very clean high protein diet. The only thing I'm thinking I could do is supplement maybe take protein shakes or creatine but if I'm going to start taking $h1t why not go all out?
Why half ass it? I started the 10x10 routine day before yesterday at the gym.

Yesterday I had off. I have been reading a lot a lot a lot on what workout programs get the most results what rest time between sets and what days you rest are the most beneficial for you.

Also with steroids I have read for every steroid you take you have to take something to counter the negative side effects. I don't mind at all. I know if I took a 16 week cycle with like test cypionate or Enanthate with Dianabol that would supposedly give me some hellacious gains but once you come off that you would see half or more of your gains drop. I wouldn't mind cause I would expect that.

Unlike whineass boy that complained about getting skinny after coming off cycle if you understand thats going to happen and not let that $h1t get to your head you have a better chance of staying consistent. I mean that guy complained like steroids were an ex gf that cheated on him with his brother... it was crazy.

If i gained 10-12 lbs post cycle and kept that on Id be happy cause obviously with muscle gain like that you would also if I'm not wrong have your fat content drop. Thing is I'm killing it now with cardio and diet to get as chiseled and as lean as possible. I read that for the most size gains with steroids you need an almost minimal or no cardiovascular workouts.

But then I read that to keep your body somewhat used to the size gains and weight gain that you have to do a minimal amount of cardio.

So whats the deal people? I want to be chiseled and lean and huge. idk heres a video of me starting my 10x10 with deadlifts... I know its only 255 lbs but this $h1t killed me... hear ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bdowney27#p/u/5/BF-ordDxi0M
16 weeks is kind of long, it's way too long for a first cycle. I think cyp or enth is the best first cycle, you do that for 10 to 12 weeks, because even with a front load, it takes a while for long esters to take effect.

Now after the first cycle, I agree with Kenny on the short cycles. 4 to 6 weeks with a short ester like prop, plus an oral like dbol or anadrol the first 4 weeks.

That makes post cycle therapy easier. You don't get shut down so bad.


User avatar
Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Ironman » Sun May 09, 2010 12:59 pm

robertscott wrote:do you have to inject steroids or can you take them orally?

I wouldn't have issue with taking steroids but I'm not sure I could inject myself
Supplement companies make new steroids from time to time. You can tell that is what it is by the chemical name in the ingredients. It will be some variation on some steroid hormone or other that is not yet illegal. It doesn't take long before it ends up on the schedule 3 though.

Many of those are ok, but you need to take stuff with it to keep natural test levels up.

You can get away with taking anavar like that. You could probably do dbol or anadrol if you kept the dose low and only took it for 3 weeks or so. That is FAR from optimal though. Not recommended either. You're really supposed to take a testosterone with it, which you inject.

Unless you have a good natural base, you really shouldn't take anything like that though.

Nevage
Member
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Nevage » Sun May 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Wow I'm learning more from you than I've ever known! I don't like learning from websites for things like this because they're normally biased towards either way.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Posts: 4424
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by robertscott » Mon May 10, 2010 7:11 am

Ironman wrote:
robertscott wrote:do you have to inject steroids or can you take them orally?

I wouldn't have issue with taking steroids but I'm not sure I could inject myself
Supplement companies make new steroids from time to time. You can tell that is what it is by the chemical name in the ingredients. It will be some variation on some steroid hormone or other that is not yet illegal. It doesn't take long before it ends up on the schedule 3 though.

Many of those are ok, but you need to take stuff with it to keep natural test levels up.

You can get away with taking anavar like that. You could probably do dbol or anadrol if you kept the dose low and only took it for 3 weeks or so. That is FAR from optimal though. Not recommended either. You're really supposed to take a testosterone with it, which you inject.

Unless you have a good natural base, you really shouldn't take anything like that though.
with all that injecting do you not get track marks?

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:40 am
Location: Texas

Post by hoosegow » Mon May 10, 2010 12:42 pm

It's deep intramuscular injections. You don't have to find a vein. Just jab, plunge and go.


NightFaLL
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 am

Post by NightFaLL » Mon May 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Now if only they'd develop a steroid for loose skin, I'd totally be in.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Posts: 4424
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by robertscott » Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

hoosegow wrote:It's deep intramuscular injections. You don't have to find a vein. Just jab, plunge and go.
that isn't as scary, I could probably bring myself to do that

User avatar
manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 am
Location: Syracuse NY
Contact:

Post by manofsteel1385 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Nevage wrote:Wow I'm learning more from you than I've ever known! I don't like learning from websites for things like this because they're normally biased towards either way.

This is something I read that makes me very happy.

Research and questioning what I look up plus other peoples first hand knowledge makes this site more than worth it's weight in gold.

Tonight I'll be doing the 10x10 with legs. I'll be doing 10x10 on deep squats I'm goingto up the weight a bit and be happy not like deadlifting where I lose my grip. I don't think ill be doing weighted lunges this week so I can get the 10x10 completely without dying. haha

Should I also do the 10x10 with calf raises as well? My calves are my week point but I have hops like a black dude...haha....anyways I'll make some more videos tonight with me and my workout partner doign the 10x10......we have 46 videos uploaded on youtube!!! haha more and more to come.

I mentioned the 10x10 cause I'm thinking of getting some stuff after wthis four week workout. Just want to see how the results come from this first. Thanks everyone for your input.

John

User avatar
Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Ironman » Thu May 13, 2010 2:27 am

NightFaLL wrote:Now if only they'd develop a steroid for loose skin, I'd totally be in.
You and me both. I'd be all over it.

User avatar
Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Ironman » Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 am

robertscott wrote:
hoosegow wrote:It's deep intramuscular injections. You don't have to find a vein. Just jab, plunge and go.
that isn't as scary, I could probably bring myself to do that
Frequent heavy users can start developing scar tissue. It's usually not a problem for most as long as you rotate injection sites.

dale2177
Novice
Novice
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:30 am

Post by dale2177 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:27 am

Didn't really want to start a new thread for this as i'm guessing the answer will be fairly straightforward, so here goes:

During a recent discussion with my girlfriend's brother who's a "bodybuilder" I mentioned that i was doing an intermittent fasting type diet and was making serious progress with it. I was recommending it to him, but he told me that he's using steroids, and that he had to eat regularly to get the protein in. I didn't question him as i just assumed he was a "5-6 meals a day every two hours" kind of guy, but I was wondering, is there any specific differences in diet for users and non-users? apart from the obvious increase in protein requirement?

I couldn't find anything via google, and most users seem set on the every two to three hour meal thing.

User avatar
Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3992
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Ironman » Fri May 21, 2010 4:33 am

dale2177 wrote:Didn't really want to start a new thread for this as i'm guessing the answer will be fairly straightforward, so here goes:

During a recent discussion with my girlfriend's brother who's a "bodybuilder" I mentioned that i was doing an intermittent fasting type diet and was making serious progress with it. I was recommending it to him, but he told me that he's using steroids, and that he had to eat regularly to get the protein in. I didn't question him as i just assumed he was a "5-6 meals a day every two hours" kind of guy, but I was wondering, is there any specific differences in diet for users and non-users? apart from the obvious increase in protein requirement?

I couldn't find anything via google, and most users seem set on the every two to three hour meal thing.
It depends on if he is bulking or cutting. Then again you want to eat a lot when bulking natural too..... On most cuts, it shouldn't matter. However if he is using tren as part of his stack on a cut, he would want to get plenty of protein, that way he can put on some muscle while he is losing fat.

NightFaLL
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 am

Post by NightFaLL » Fri May 21, 2010 11:43 am

It's funny how much the media has skewed the view of steroids.

Like, I try to explain to people they're not nearly as bad for you as they're made out to be and people's responses are always extremely negative.

I think I defend them so much that eventually people will think I'm doing it because I'm on them, heh.

I have lots of buddies on them and I don't see anything wrong with them as long as you're honest to naturals that your progression was influenced by them.

User avatar
manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:37 am
Location: Syracuse NY
Contact:

Post by manofsteel1385 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am

All I know is when I get to where I have to take them I'll be pumped. I am slowly but surely getting there.

Thing is people will notice....dont you think people will be like wow....this guy was gaining slowly but consistently then bam 25 lbs in a few months.... lol

I remember when I was bulking stupidly I gained 25 lbs in my first month people thought I was on steroids. I was just eating like a slob and most of my gains was fat!

When you are 5'8 215 lbs you feel monstrous...hahaha well....I'm thinking ill be there again but this time with a very low fat percentage and hey...maybe ill compete!! haha


Post Reply