hip thrusts and bridges: "bring back sexy"

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:48 pm

JoeB wrote:I may have to try these exercises. Squatting and deadlifting have done nothing but build my quads and now I have a degenerative disc. Lunges have been the only exercise that makes my glutes sore, but still I am sure my quads do most of the work
You can do deadlift variations that primarily work the glutes and hams with almost next to none quad involvement. Rear lunges, for me, tend to work glutes more than regular lunges as well. But yes, if you want to work the glutes some direct work might be necessary.

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 pm

"I may have to try these exercises. Squatting and deadlifting have done nothing but build my quads and now I have a degenerative disc. Lunges have been the only exercise that makes my glutes sore, but still I am sure my quads do most of the work" - JoeB

Have you tried Step-ups? If you use a high step, you can target the glutes more.

JoeB
Novice
Novice

Post by JoeB » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:31 am

Matt Z wrote:"I may have to try these exercises. Squatting and deadlifting have done nothing but build my quads and now I have a degenerative disc. Lunges have been the only exercise that makes my glutes sore, but still I am sure my quads do most of the work" - JoeB

Have you tried Step-ups? If you use a high step, you can target the glutes more.
I have switched between using lunges and step-ups and I decided that dumbbell lunges were probably my best bet. I honestly did not feel anything when doing step-ups on to a chair. I have very long legs, 26" quads, and I feel like they do all the work. I do not know if its just genetics or what but I would rather have skinny legs and huge glutes then huge legs and no glutes.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:40 am

Use a higher step, and start further away from the step. And carry some weight.

JoeB
Novice
Novice

Post by JoeB » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 am

Jungledoc wrote:Use a higher step, and start further away from the step. And carry some weight.
Ok. I will try it

JoeB
Novice
Novice

Post by JoeB » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:25 pm

How are the results?