prickly underarm pain?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

prickly underarm pain?

Post by ApolytonGP » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 pm

Sorry this is my second thread (maybe third) today.

Got a prickly feeling in my underarm. seems to be sort of muscular or tendon related. Feel it most when arm is rotate up and out. Got it first swimming free style. Makes me want to take my finger and press deep into the underarm along the ribs.

I have a bad shoulder labrum (long term) and I had my little pec/rib fiasco. I think they are different but are happening same time, so might be related by compensation?

Tried googling and couldn't find much. Maybe serratus anterior or maybe one of the rotator cuff muscles (which have some issues, I know related to compensating for bad labrum).

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm

I have had that feeling, take a lacrosse ball or tennis ball and massage your chest, then it will go away. you can also massage your lats too. if you have a roller, lie on your side with your arm straight and roller under your underarms and stay there until you feel loose. I do that with the rumble roller, dont have anymore problems now. =)

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:29 pm

I feels better when I stick a fist or a ball into the cavity. Also mostly feels straight under, but lately has been a little latty or some muscle in the upper back like that boxer muscle. Mmm....