plugged in some rest days what do u guys think

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

frankie123
Novice
Novice

plugged in some rest days what do u guys think

Post by frankie123 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:54 pm

I used to go to the gym everyday just working different muscle group everyday but now I thought that might be a lil OD-ed, after seeing a friend of mine only started working out for 2 months n he got bigger than me who worked out for 2 years ish, I plugged in some rest days, what do u guys think? goal is to get cut as hell

-Day 1&4-

Upper (a)
Bench Press 6 reps/6 sets
Lat pull down 6 reps/6 sets

Barbell preachers curl 6 reps/6sets (Hammer Curl right after) 6 reps/6 sets
↑ ↑
Superset
↓ ↓
Skull crusher 6 reps/6 sets (Close grip bench right after) 6 reps/6 sets

Decline Leg Raise 10 reps/6 sets

Upper (b)
Vertical chest press 6 reps/6 sets
Seated Row 6 reps/6 sets

Concentrated Curl 6 reps/6 sets
↑ ↑
Superset
↓ ↓
Rope Push Down 6 reps/6 sets

Decline leg raise 10 reps/6 sets

-Day 2&5- Superset

Lower (a)
Sled Hack Squat Pyramid training: Low weight-12 reps → medium weight-10 reps → high weight-8 reps → medium weight-10 reps → low weight-12 reps/5 sets in total

*Oblique Side Raises 12 reps/5 sets w/30lbs dumb bell
*Twisted ball crunches w/ 45lbs plate Lower 45 reps/5 sets

Lower (b)
Decline Leg press Pyramid training: Low weight-12 reps → medium weight-10 reps → high weight-8 reps → medium weight-10 reps → low weight-12 reps/5 sets in total

*Oblique Side Raises 12 reps/5 sets w/30lbs dumb bell
*Twisted ball crunches w/ 45lbs plate Lower 45 reps/5 sets

*Total reps = different combinations of each set and rep
4sets*9reps = 36reps total | 6sets*6reps = 36reps total | 3sets*12 reps = 36reps total

Sunday: Cardio interval training on ellyptical (trying to get to 18 min, 10.5 min so far)

Upper (a)
Day 1

Lower (a)
Day 2

Rest/cardio interval traning
Day 3

Upper (b)
Day 4

Lower (b)
Day 5

Rest/cardio interval training
Day 6

bak to day 1 again

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Too much focus on arms/abs.

Why you would need 12 sets for arms and only 6 for back/chest makes no sense.

I also have no idea why you do all those ab exercise. If you're wanting core hypertrophy all you need to do is side bends and weighted full ROM situps.

You really need to quit making up your own routine and do a basic one that's outlined on the site - as of right now your routine is horrendous.

frankie123
Novice
Novice

Post by frankie123 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:26 pm

eh, i've been doing something similar for the past two years ish and i m quite happy wit the result that i m getting... reason for doing so much for those muscles is that i wanna get really lean for abs and bigger arms.... i kno it might look terrible but it works for me?

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:53 pm

If you're not going to take advice, then don't ask for it?

I'm not sure what the point of posting a routine is if you're not willing to change it. The before/after pictures you posted in the other section of the forums shows almost no change whatsoever.

But honestly, do whatever you want, I can tell that's what you'll end up doing anyways.

Gantz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gantz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:39 am

I think becoming as cut as you want to become will be more dependent on your diet and cardio, and not your overemphasis on arms.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:35 am

Yeah, man, that's a wonderful routine--you're gunna get heeuge, and amazingly cut. I'm gonna use your routine from now on!!!

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:51 am

Jungledoc wrote:Yeah, man, that's a wonderful routine--you're gunna get heeuge, and amazingly cut. I'm gonna use your routine from now on!!!
lmfao!!

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:39 pm

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/train ... wpimp.html read this, pick either full body or split, and follow it. Just pick any exercises that go with that movement in the templete, dont change anything else.

Travis
Novice
Novice

Post by Travis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 pm

[quote]"I used to go to the gym everyday just working different muscle group everyday but now I thought that might be a lil OD-ed, after seeing a friend of mine only started working out for 2 months n he got bigger than me who worked out for 2 years ish"

"I've been doing something similar for the past two years ish and i m quite happy wit the result that i m getting."[/quote]

Do you see the incongruence in these statements? The first says you aren't happy with your results but then you try to defend your work out saying that you are.

Maybe you should try a recommended routine and then compare your workout results.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:31 pm

These guys WILL help you. The "horrendous" thing and making fun of your routine was maybe a little bit overboard and rude, but its sed I knowledge I assure you. I'm not going to pretend like I'm someone that can help you because I was having problems with my routines when I came here too (about 2 weeks ago) and don't know anything about setting up routines. but anyway, The thing is there not going to tell you something that's wrong and if you listen too them you'll probably be a lot happier in the long run.

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:19 pm

A. moss wrote:These guys WILL help you. The "horrendous" thing and making fun of your routine was maybe a little bit overboard and rude, but its sed I knowledge I assure you. I'm not going to pretend like I'm someone that can help you because I was having problems with my routines when I came here too (about 2 weeks ago) and don't know anything about setting up routines. but anyway, The thing is there not going to tell you something that's wrong and if you listen too them you'll probably be a lot happier in the long run.
The reason we probably come off as rude is because every time he posts on these forums, he asks for advice/what we think - every time we tell him that the routine he's doing is terrible and every time he tells us that 'it's shown him results so he's doing it'.

So, basically, we're sick of hearing him ask the same question - get the same answer - then ignore us entirely.

He also has made less progress in 2 years than I made in my first 2 months of lifting, yet isn't willing to change anything.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Okay man, I hear your point. I'm just trying to help him out in the only way I can (get him to listen to you guys) I just know how the guy would feel, that's all. My routine was horrendous 2 weeks ago and probably isn't that good now, but it better, so I trust you guys and so should he.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Yeah, and he posted a picture of himself. Any time anyone posts a picture of himself we start being rude to him (or her, but THAT has never happened). It's sort of an unwritten law of the forum.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Jungledoc wrote:Yeah, and he posted a picture of himself. Any time anyone posts a picture of himself we start being rude to him (or her, but THAT has never happened). It's sort of an unwritten law of the forum.

Lol, okay....... I'm not going to be rude to somebody (even if they are shallow and self righteous enough to post a pic of them self) JUST because they posted one. But I'm glad I didn't, because I was going to (in my journal) just to see if could spot any differences in the future but.......N.M. lol.

Gantz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gantz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 pm

Heh. It only took my asking the same question three times before these guys pounded sense into my puny head. Now I'm more efficient than I've ever been.