Does anyone on here take a pre-workout supplement?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:29 am

1 question I have about jack3d....it says on their site to cycle it every few months with 4 weeks off, can strength gains be lost when not taking it? or is it just an energy booster?

I know sterioids is like that where when you are off of it, you lose all your strength....like all the major league baseball players that were using it couldnt do crap, like manny and barry bonds for example. I am hoping jack3d is not like that and that you keep what you gain.

frogbyte
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by frogbyte » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 am

Have you tried going to sleep earlier?

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:33 pm

can you answer my question please? I really need to know if strength is kept when cycling off of jack3d or if its another steroid where when ur off of steriods, your strength gains are lost no matter what happens like it did with barry bonds, mark mcguire, sammy sosa, manny, and others.
Last edited by caangelxox on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Supplements are in no way like steroids, you don't need to cycle jack3d, though. You can stay on it the rest of your life, if you want.

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm

frogbyte wrote:Have you tried going to sleep earlier?
yes, either too little or too much I have been getting. When I get too little sleep, I am tired, but have more energy. When I get too much sleep, I get bored easily. the problem is wanting to get out of bed because I am comfortable and I procrasinate too. Getting too much sleep bores me/makes me lazy throughout the day and getting little sleep makes me tired and yawny. and getting too much sleep makes me feel tired and yawny a little bit too. I dont know what enough sleep is that will make me energized and want to get out of bed right away instead of being lazy.

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:40 pm

NightFaLL wrote:Supplements are in no way like steroids, you don't need to cycle jack3d, though. You can stay on it the rest of your life, if you want.
Why does the jack3d site say you should cycle?

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:49 pm

caangelxox wrote:
NightFaLL wrote:Supplements are in no way like steroids, you don't need to cycle jack3d, though. You can stay on it the rest of your life, if you want.
Why does the jack3d site say you should cycle?
Because caffeine tolerance increases the longer you take it. If they have you stop taking it for a few weeks, then your caffeine tolerance will go down - this will make you feel like it's making a difference.

However, just because you don't feel the difference when your caffeine tolerance is higher - doesn't mean you're not experiencing the benefits of increased sympathetic nervous system function.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:16 pm

There's no such thing as "too much sleep."

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Jungledoc wrote:There's no such thing as "too much sleep."
really? I have read articles that too much sleep is not good for you or too little sleep and that it can affect your life span (living less years).

I just got an email today from Dr. Mercola's newsletter that 7 hours of sleep is the best for you according to one of his new studies. source: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... sleep.aspx

what do you think?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:24 am

I think it's very interesting. This is the first time I've heard of a claim of too much sleep doing harm. In Dr. Mercola's commentary, he discussed other longer possible ideal sleep durations.

Mostly, your body can sense how much sleep it needs, and if you allow yourself unrestricted sleep, it will wake up at the time that is right for it.

Now, keep in mind that the article under discussion found an ASSOCIATION between more than 9 hours of sleep and increased risk of cardiovascular disease, not a CAUSE AND EFFECT relationship. That means that more sleep and CV disease go together, not that one necessarily causes the other (although it also does not rule out that there might be a causal relationship).

So for instance, we know that sleep apnea is a fairly common condition in the US, and that people with SA tend to sleep longer than people who don't have it. We also know that people with SA have more cardiovascular disease. It could be that this, and maybe other similar conditions are responsible for the statistics reported in the article. I don't know, I'm just suggesting an alternative explanation.

Dan John occasionally takes a week and sleeps 12 hours per night. He says that he always loses weight during that week. Maybe it's because there isn't enough time left in his day to eat much, but maybe it's because there is some unknown benefit on weight.

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:12 am

Doc you brought up some good points. When it comes to sleep, you need to trust your body. If you need sleep, your body will let you know. It's just a matter of paying attention to the signals.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 am

Okay, I have been using Jack3d for about 7-8 months and couldn't be more pleased with it. It tastes WAY better then other NO's, Its WAY cheaper then other NO's and it works better then other NO's. I've read that you think it has Maltodextrin in it and I'd like to clear that up. ("Jack3d has ZERO Maltodextrin or other fillers")

http://www.usplabsdirect.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=111

Read that all the way though.

And yes I would personally cycle Jack3d. I buy a "pump supplement" for that reason exactly, to feel the pump. If you don't cycle NO supplements after a while its like drinking water (you wont feel anything).

Let me know if I missed anything.

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:09 pm

A. moss wrote:Okay, I have been using Jack3d for about 7-8 months and couldn't be more pleased with it. It tastes WAY better then other NO's, Its WAY cheaper then other NO's and it works better then other NO's. I've read that you think it has Maltodextrin in it and I'd like to clear that up. ("Jack3d has ZERO Maltodextrin or other fillers")

And yes I would personally cycle Jack3d. I buy a "pump supplement" for that reason exactly, to feel the pump. If you don't cycle NO supplements after a while its like drinking water (you wont feel anything).

Pumps are irrelevant to muscle gain.

NO supplements don't work and I don't believe jack3d labels itself as such. It's simply an energy booster - as almost all of the stuff in it is energy related.

xshawnxearthx

Post by xshawnxearthx » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:17 pm

NightFaLL wrote:
A. moss wrote:Okay, I have been using Jack3d for about 7-8 months and couldn't be more pleased with it. It tastes WAY better then other NO's, Its WAY cheaper then other NO's and it works better then other NO's. I've read that you think it has Maltodextrin in it and I'd like to clear that up. ("Jack3d has ZERO Maltodextrin or other fillers")

Pumps are irrelevant to muscle gain.

NO supplements don't work and I don't believe jack3d labels itself as such. It's simply an energy booster - as almost all of the stuff in it is energy related.
But, Bro, he gets huge pumps from that $h1t. :roll:

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I think pumps might increase your gains, by providing a lot of blood and thus nutrients for that muscle.