Shake Weight... SOcitey is GONE LOL

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Immortal

Shake Weight... SOcitey is GONE LOL

Post by Immortal » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 am

What in the world is up with the shake up... why why why why would they even put that on the market..... it looks like you're practicing to jerk off an elephant........ didnt realize that something done in the bathroom can become a 6 minute exercise from hell... IM so sorry bout this guys just had to get it off my chest hahaha https://shakeweight.com/flare/next

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:23 am

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 am

It's amazing the lengths people will go to avoid real exercise.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:58 am

PS) I'm assuming they compared a 5lb shakeweight to a 5lb dumbbell.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:08 am

Well, like PT Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute". The originators will make a few bucks, then everyone will figure out it's a scam and it'll go away.
Tim

Nevage

Post by Nevage » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:02 am

I actually can't believe that's real. Even if it was the best exercise in the world, there's no way I'd do that without being hidden from the world. It's embarrassing to watch.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shake Weight... SOcitey is GONE LOL

Post by Ironman » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Immortal wrote:What in the world is up with the shake up... why why why why would they even put that on the market..... it looks like you're practicing to jerk off an elephant........ didnt realize that something done in the bathroom can become a 6 minute exercise from hell... IM so sorry bout this guys just had to get it off my chest hahaha https://shakeweight.com/flare/next
Probably more like a donkey..... But yea, that's probably the gayest thing I have ever seen.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Yes, the majority of people are stupid. This company knows that, and will profit from thier stupidity.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Jebus wrote:Yes, the majority of people are stupid. This company knows that, and will profit from thier stupidity.
The majority of people are not stupid but there are enough that you can make money selling to those that are.

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:54 pm

It freaking sucks because every day there are exercise machines made that make you workout for the less amount of time but claim to give better results. This is the reason why Americans are obese, lazy, or have other problems. Everytime something like this comes out, it takes a person away from squats, dead lifts, benching, curling, etc. It makes me really angry to know that people fall for this but I just cant help but laugh!

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:01 pm

stuward wrote:
Jebus wrote:Yes, the majority of people are stupid. This company knows that, and will profit from thier stupidity.
The majority of people are not stupid but there are enough that you can make money selling to those that are.
Ok, maybe not stupid, but, wrong. Especially when it comes to diet & exercise.

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Jebus wrote:
stuward wrote:
Ok, maybe not stupid, but, wrong. Especially when it comes to diet & exercise.
I think you should have said "stupid when it comes to exercise". But I really think its the majority of people are lazy, especially when it comes to health where they want a quick fix that requires almost no effort. Granted I doubt most will be duped by this product but there are plenty who are duped by gimmicks.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:06 pm

When I saw the name of this thread, I honestly thought it was going to be a discussion of how large your pre-workout protein drink should be! :red:

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Jungledoc wrote:When I saw the name of this thread, I honestly thought it was going to be a discussion of how large your pre-workout protein drink should be! :red:
How large is your pre workout shake?

xshawnxearthx

Post by xshawnxearthx » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 pm

So I was down at my grandma's installing high speed internet when we got on the topic of fitness, etc etc. My grandmother buys every stupid gimmick out there, I mean EVERY GIMMICKY infomercial item out there. She showed me this box with some new workout thing and then my mother said something about the "other weight thing" she had and then made a hand gesture like she was giving a double handed HJ. I puked in my mouth a little bit and then realized she was talking about the shake weight.

It's funny. My grandma has two exercise bikes, an unused treadmill, all sorts of UN-USED misc "fitness" crap.