weird but shocking discovery

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Immortal

weird but shocking discovery

Post by Immortal » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Last week I got melatonin pills. Its a natural non addictive non toxic pill that helps you sleep better. I also bought zma pills. Ever since I combined the two ( I take zma one to 2 hours before bed time usually 1 hour after eating and I take melatonin at least 30 minutes before bed time) I have seen some really interesting results. Im more energetic during the day time. I look a little more cut and I definetlt noticed some difference in my lifts. Now some of you may say zma only works when you are zinc and magnesium deficient but to me that wasnt true since I actually eat at least 1 jar of unshelled seeds a day. Thats over 1000 calories of seeds and it gives incredible mineral vitamins. IN fact I think theres a good daily value of every mineral in seeds. They are also a good source of potassium. Anyway even if I get a lot of zinc, zma still helped me. Melatonin has also helped me because after a hard day of training it actually makes me very calm and go to sleep. I have also noticed that it has fixed my clock. Even without it, Im really really sleepy around the same time each day and thats good. I also get amazing sleep and lots of dreaming. SO I juust thought Id inform you guys about this and see what u guys think.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:19 am

The melatonin explains it all. A good nights sleep can do wonders for you.

bam

Post by bam » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:31 am

Have you tried melatonin without zma and vis versa? Why do you feel that your results are due to the combined effect?

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:09 am

well because I actually got zma before melatonin and that alone started to help me out a little bit. It kinda made sleeping stronger once I was asleep and the first week of taking it, I actually squatted the best Ive ever done. Then on Friday when I got Melatonin, I took it at night and the next day I surprisingly no joke had an amazing day of jiu jitsu. I felt so refreshed and ready even after it. Today, was my chest day, and I was pretty energetic even though I actually didnt get lots of sleep the night before because i was doing a research paper, but with melatonin even 4 hours of sleep is effective. I mean I took a little nap but it wasnt like a 5 hour nap it was a small one a few hours before I worked out. SO today, I did my workouts and I still wanted more. Like I was hitting the dips and pushups after my chest day. Its like I didnt even want to stop. Tomorow is my first leg day on melatonin, Ill tell you all how it goes on here

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 am

Well, I'm sold. Anyone else take meletonin?

Immortal, Before you go to bed do you have a lot of exposure to lighting. Like computers, tv's, lights?

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:13 am

My wife takes melatonin. She used to have a lot of sleeping problems. She no longer has any problems with sleeping.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:02 am

Jebus wrote:Well, I'm sold. Anyone else take meletonin?
Yes, if I'm too keyed up and can't sleep on my own. 1-2 mg is all I need to get me asleep and then I generally stay asleep.

Obviously I try all the normal stuff first - dark room, relaxing before bed, etc. and then use the melatonin if it's not working and I have to get up early the next day.

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 am

well my room is generally dark before I try to fall asleep. I used to have a lot of sleeping problems and even when I did sleep it wasnt a strong sleep. I dont know how to explain that but I kinda kept getting up, and sometimes I felt like I could get up . But with melatonin I stay asleep longer.

bam

Post by bam » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Jebus wrote:Well, I'm sold. Anyone else take meletonin?
I take it every so often -- makes for deep sleep and nice dreams. But I haven't noticed any exercise benefits. If anything I feel a little groggy the next day.

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 pm

bam maybe your taking too much??

bam

Post by bam » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Immortal wrote:bam maybe your taking too much??
3mg

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:17 pm

thats kinda a lot tho haha, I took 3 mg and it was fine because I had bad sleeping problems, but 1 is the usual dosage, anything more than 2 is for like insomniacs Ive been told, and 5 is for like extreme cases

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:20 pm

The only pills I could find were 3mg. I took it last night and it did nothing.

bam

Post by bam » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:08 pm

I've found that you sort of have to 'prime the pump' so to speak. You have to take it for several days maybe even a week or more before feeling the effects. I've had different results at different times.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:56 pm

This thread reminds me of the cartoon of the doctor talking with the old lady and saying, "Well, yes, Mrs. Smithere, it is a placebo--but it's a very strong placebo."