Pure bodyweight program

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

VoK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pure bodyweight program

Post by VoK » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:26 am

Well, I'd like a few opinions on this program. I've been weightlifting for a few years now and I figure its good for a major changeup. Plus I'm not in school during the summer so I don't have access to a gym. Anyway, I'd like for you guys to go over this program and add comments to it.

tuck planche - hold for 60 seconds total. as in cumulative time that I am in the position.
door pullups - 3 x 7 (increase by 1 each week)
twisting jacknife situps - 3 x 20 (done immediatly after pullups when my arms are resting, increase by 2 each week or put weight between my feet)
one armed pushups - 3 x 7 (increase by 1 each week)
special calf-raise program given to me by my coach
hand stand pushups - 3 x 7 (increase by 1 each week)
pistols (full motion one legged squats) - 4 x 7 on each leg (increase by 1 each week)
explosive lunges - 4 x 20 (increase intensity every time. no increase in reps)

I move almost immediatly from 1 exercise to another. This whole workout takes around 30-40 minutes, which is very good because I'm quite busy. Then, I proceed to do HIIT after the workout.

Note that I'm not trying to gain much upper body strength in this program. I'm trying to become a bit leaner, yet maintain strength. Also, I'm looking to gain leg strength. I also play ultimate frisbee 2-4 times a week.

On a side note, someone has to change the URL code. It's only because I'm a geek and I know this stuff that I could embed a link in text. I doubt your average joe will know how to do that.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:49 am

I think that for your stated goals (leaning out, getting more "in shape" boosting work capacity, that you have a good solid program. For a million other ideas for variations sake, you could go over to crossfit.com, as a lot of their workouts contain bodyweight only, with lots of burpees and sprints thrown into the mix as well.
Tim