Onions and testostrone article

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

Immortal

Onions and testostrone article

Post by Immortal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 pm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/20256 ... or-muscle/

thought Id post that article, seems interesting to me as I just saw it.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 pm

So thats why Popeye at all that spinache.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 pm

There might besomething to it:
The Greeks used onions to fortify athletes for the Olympic Games. Before competition, athletes would consume pounds of onions, drink onion juice and rub onions on their bodies.
I'm not sure if I would want to wrestle any of the Greeks, face to face. :wink:

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:56 am

Timothy Ferris (4 hour body)makes reference to it in his new book. Garlic, brocolli and related vegetables have similar properties. They have other health benefits so it makes sense to increase these if you can tolerate them. They ferment in the gut so some people have issues with them.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:48 am

sweet! I eat loads of curries that have a ton of onions and garlic in them. And I eat them with broccoli because I don't want to eat loads of rice. Good stuff.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:54 am

robertscott wrote:sweet! I eat loads of curries that have a ton of onions and garlic in them. And I eat them with broccoli because I don't want to eat loads of rice. Good stuff.
At least you're not eating them with beans - or are you?

Be sure to keep your windows open at night.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Stephen Johnson wrote:
robertscott wrote:sweet! I eat loads of curries that have a ton of onions and garlic in them. And I eat them with broccoli because I don't want to eat loads of rice. Good stuff.
At least you're not eating them with beans - or are you?

Be sure to keep your windows open at night.
a bean curry? Stephen, you're crazy. I've always suspected.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 pm

robertscott wrote:a bean curry? Stephen, you're crazy. I've always suspected.
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/vegetaria ... etail.aspx

Actually, it's not bad - if you don't mind sleeping on the sofa now and then. :wink:

JoeB
Novice
Novice

Post by JoeB » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:33 pm

I had a article saved that said peanuts were good for test levels

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:31 pm

you guys are gonna laugh at me for saying this. But Ive been eating more onions lately and weird things are happeneing to me. For one thing, Im going to the bathroom more times per day even if I dont have a meal. Ive been getting much leaner but that might be due to the black tea or cardio Im doing. One last thing.... this is rather weird tos ay to you guys, but i feel horny like every other hour. I just feel orgasmic rushes in me and when Im in the weight room I feel like Im getting more aggression out. Also, these rushes make me wanna work out continousely as I havent had a rest day since I just feel that sudden urge to do something. FOr isntance, it was sunday yesterday, but I was up late at night doing burpees, and the days before that, I was still doing lots of exercises like that even with an intense workout. My question is is this a good or bad thing? I mean I love the energy and I feel good all the time but is there any bad thigns involved with this?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey Tim, Kenny, Stu, Stephen--let's start exchanging onion recipes.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Jungledoc wrote:Hey Tim, Kenny, Stu, Stephen--let's start exchanging onion recipes.
How about a Bloomin' Onion?

Danomite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Danomite » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Immortal wrote:you guys are gonna laugh at me for saying this. But Ive been eating more onions lately and weird things are happeneing to me. For one thing, Im going to the bathroom more times per day even if I dont have a meal. Ive been getting much leaner but that might be due to the black tea or cardio Im doing. One last thing.... this is rather weird tos ay to you guys, but i feel horny like every other hour. I just feel orgasmic rushes in me and when Im in the weight room I feel like Im getting more aggression out. Also, these rushes make me wanna work out continousely as I havent had a rest day since I just feel that sudden urge to do something. FOr isntance, it was sunday yesterday, but I was up late at night doing burpees, and the days before that, I was still doing lots of exercises like that even with an intense workout. My question is is this a good or bad thing? I mean I love the energy and I feel good all the time but is there any bad thigns involved with this?
Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUw65VqT ... re=related

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:53 am

Immortal wrote:you guys are gonna laugh at me for saying this. But Ive been eating more onions lately and weird things are happeneing to me. For one thing, Im going to the bathroom more times per day even if I dont have a meal. Ive been getting much leaner but that might be due to the black tea or cardio Im doing. One last thing.... this is rather weird tos ay to you guys, but i feel horny like every other hour. I just feel orgasmic rushes in me and when Im in the weight room I feel like Im getting more aggression out. Also, these rushes make me wanna work out continousely as I havent had a rest day since I just feel that sudden urge to do something. FOr isntance, it was sunday yesterday, but I was up late at night doing burpees, and the days before that, I was still doing lots of exercises like that even with an intense workout. My question is is this a good or bad thing? I mean I love the energy and I feel good all the time but is there any bad thigns involved with this?
Puberty. hahah

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:34 am

Stephen Johnson wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:Hey Tim, Kenny, Stu, Stephen--let's start exchanging onion recipes.
How about a Bloomin' Onion?
Good idea! Of course, I live in New Guinea, and it will be several months until I can get one.