huge results!

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

Immortal

huge results!

Post by Immortal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:46 pm

So I know I havent posted here for a lilltle while and I apologize but I had a lot of work to do in terms of school. Im going to cut right down to the chase. I switched my workout to a workout that was similar to the 10 rep workout I used to do with the only difference basically being that the first exercise or lift I start with is 5 X 5. So for example, on back day, ill do 5 X 5 rows then maybe 3 X5 dead lifts then after that everything is usually aimed for 10 reps which basically is lat pull downs, lat pull ins, and chin ups.

Doing this for the last 2 weeks made my body jump in terms of muscle. My legs arms and back muscles are noticably bigger and my abs are much more defined now.

Other changes I made are actually changes I made in the last 4 days. I started to eat a lot more vegetables and even stored my freezer with a giant bag of frozen mixed veggies that you can steam. Im eating more salads at home along with my protein and fats and if Im away from home, i go to subway and ask for a salad there with turkey.

Cardio wise, I run a mile as fast as I can with sprint bursts on friday followed by some low weight high rep squats and farmers walks. I also do cardio on 2 other random days of the week and this type of cardio usually consists of burpees and shadow boxing.

Strength wise. Ummmmm basically I havent made any huge strength leaps yet as IM taking time off from a fully concentrated strength workout. But Ive had benefits in areas asside from strength. For instance, even tho my squat max didnt get higher from 365, I can practically weights near that number more times in one set. What I mean is, I can squat 315 more times in a row then I used to.

Basically, im going to post my before and after pictures on facebook in one month so I can show my 6 months of training results! When I do that, I will post the link here for you guys to see.

Thanks again guys, and Ill probably start a blog soon haha!

Velcropop
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Velcropop » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Congratulations, post a squat vid too!

Higgy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Higgy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:50 am

I second the call for a vid! Squat of 365 lbs would put you between advanced and elite for a BW of 148 lbs making you very much an immortal or at least a demi-god.

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:13 am

Higgy wrote:I second the call for a vid! Squat of 365 lbs would put you between advanced and elite for a BW of 148 lbs making you very much an immortal or at least a demi-god.
*nod* your 60lbs lighter than me and squat 100lbs more

Maybe I'm just jealous but I can't picture it being true

Sorry to lower the tone, This forum is good for relaxing and honesty, but this one stands out as hard to swallow.

Good news about the progress though, good to get that feeling where you look back and it's a decent road/hill your on

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am

If you can squat 365 for reps at 148lbs you'd be winning state powerlifting events easily, so I too would like seeing the video.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am

I also would like to see a video of it, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Here's why. From reading his posts in other threads, he's used to doing reps, and as a wrestler or MMA type (haven;t figured out which one yet, but it's one of those), he's used to reps and endurance training. While he may rep out at 365, he may not be able to do a single with much more than that, because he doesn't train all out 1 RM's.
Also, at the first PL meet I ever went to, 1968, non sanctioned, our wrestling coach just got local champ from the AAU in Eureka and had him give a seminar, meet following for all the local kids in the area. Some of us knew about it and had been practicing the Sq, DL, and BP along with the OLs. But what surprized me, was that our 123lb starter (wrestling), came out, and did a legal squat of around 350, and had NEVER practiced it. We had just done tons of partner squats, and exploding up from the mat. So, don't throw Immortal under the bus just yet.
Tim

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:58 pm

TimD wrote:...don't throw Immortal under the bus just yet
Tim
Indeed, theres definately a big part of me at the start that said "what do you know" and that I've seen a 16 year old bench 400lbs on youtube and have absolutley no reason to doubt it (the guy was a big ass 16 y/o)

But once I saw more experienced guys here add it up I'm afraid I jumped on the bandwagon - I already typed out a post 2-3 times and let it slide because I'm quite inexperienced especially when it comes to surveying averages and how likely a big anomaly would come up.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Immortal, when was the last time you weighed yourself? You've must of gained some weight....

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:54 pm

Ive gained about 3 to 4 pounds and my normal weight is at 152 at times. After workouts its usually around 150 and at night im probably around 155 due to me loading up on a lot of food. Its hard for me to get too big and lol frankly I dont care if you guys dont believe, I have never lied to anyone on this forum.

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:06 am

and if I were lying, I wouldnt have admited that Ive enver benched 200 yet, the squat and the deadlift are now my two staple lifts, as far as the bench goes I can dumbell press the 70's 4 times but as for barbell bench, I can probably barely do 185, Im not used to using my chest muscles so I gotta make them catch up, Ive usually only played sports that involve your hips, legs, abs, and back muscles. My shoulders and chest havent been as challenged as my muscles have.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 am

I'm just skeptical, I'm sure you can squat as much as your saying, I just can't know withought evidence. Mind you as much as I'd like to see someone at 150 squat 365, don't feel like you must show me. You should go into powerlifting too.

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 am

Immortal wrote:and if I were lying, I wouldnt have admited that Ive enver benched 200 yet, the squat and the deadlift are now my two staple lifts, as far as the bench goes I can dumbell press the 70's 4 times but as for barbell bench, I can probably barely do 185, Im not used to using my chest muscles so I gotta make them catch up, Ive usually only played sports that involve your hips, legs, abs, and back muscles. My shoulders and chest havent been as challenged as my muscles have.
I'm more concerned about your form than anything, really.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 am

throw the 4000 Burpees video in there as well. That I don't doubt; but many folks post that feat when they do it, it's quite exhausting....

to watch.

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:42 am

4000????? why 4000???? 400 what I can go up to.... please look at my previous posts, i have never said 4000 and if i did it was a typo lol. im extremely positive ive said 400, and Ive described my form many times on this forum or at least tried to. Ive even offered for people to come lift with me if you live anywhere near bergenfield new jersey, Ive even gave my gym name, fitness 2, ive even gave the address and location(near the 711) Ive even offered to pay for ur guest passes. And ill say it again haha, Wendesday, between 4 to 6 o clock , usually 4, I go to that gym. I say Wednesday because that is that day I squat. Ill even let you guys video tape me if you please but only for people on this website. I promise you, ill be there. IM not afraid to prove what I an do, just dont ask me to bench please haha or military press or anyting involving pushing

Velcropop
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Velcropop » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:55 am

Squats are a push exercise?