cardio + empty stomach thoughts?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

Immortal

cardio + empty stomach thoughts?

Post by Immortal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Ive always wondered whether its good to work out on an empty stomach or not. I have tried it today and in fact did some stair conditioing on an empty stomach a little after I worked out. I cant really seem to find great answers on this topic as there is scientists everywhere with opposing view points. Has anyone here actually done a long term cardio on an empty stomach? Does anyone here have an experience with this stuff? I used to do cardio on an empty stomach just to lose weight or wrestling but I dont think I can compare it to what im saying as I was pretty much always on an empty stomach for the first week and half for wrestling. I dont think I lost muscle but I did get a lot lighter. Thats why I wanted to ask that if done properly, is it a good or bad thing for the body? and what type of cardio is good on an empty stomach? Would you guys do high intensity for about 5 to 10 minutes or do low intensity for 30 to 60 minutes?

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:57 pm

I usually work out on an empty stomach. I don't know how much difference it makes but I think it helps keep the fat off. I don't see an issue with either the high or low intensity workouts.

nygmen

Post by nygmen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm

I do 30 mins of fasted morning LISS cardio 9 days out of 10.

It is good stuff.

Keeps fat gain in check, but it isn't lypo or anything.

Immortal

Post by Immortal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:10 am

have you guys ever tried the cardio after eating? Do you think you keeping the fat off is because of the empty stomach or just the simple fact that your doing cardio.