This New Board Format SUCKS!

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

stuward

Re: This New Board Format SUCKS!

Post by stuward » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:23 am

It's nice to see you have a tan now. You're putting all that tropical sun to some use.

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:43 am

Haha quality avatar doc - Were always sending birthday cards to innapropriate people with $h1t like that on - my head on black body builders etc :)

But random point - its the same software/phb as my gaming forums so im used to it/good stuff.

Time to find a hipster techno record lable to put as my avatar, in an attempt to get a passer by to ask me about it.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:35 am

stuward wrote:
TimD wrote:... I've just been going through a lot of med problems...
Tim
I hope everything's OK Tim.
I missed this before. Hope you're feeling better, Tim.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:54 am

Jungledoc wrote:Thanks, Ironman. Now everyone can see how incredibly jacked I really am.

By the way, why do have 5 old used birthday cake candles above my avatar?

I believe those are, light sabers

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:35 pm

Yes indeed, those are light sabers. The highest post count rank, moderators, and admins get 5 light sabers With the second two having a label as well. The "member" rank is 7 stars, then for advanced member you start with the light sabers. Noob is 1 star. Below that is unconfirmed spammer, which is labeled spammer and has 0 light sabers. Then I have different stuff for the other special ranks.

Stefan 93

Post by Stefan 93 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:10 pm

I can't search now?! I tried while I wasn't logged in and while I was. I tried to search for wrist, obliques, forearms and it said no-one wrote those things... It worked for shoulder.
Can you make ironmaiden708 at least orange?

Kenny Croxdale
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Post by Kenny Croxdale » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 pm

wilburburns wrote:Got any more specifics on "What" sucks so bad and you don't like?

Cliff,

As I stated in my original post, "It is like going to your k-word and finding everything's been changed. You have to hunt for dishes, forks, spoons, knives, glasses, etc."

So, let say you walk up one morning and go in your ktchen and you can't find anything.

Example, you use to go to the General catagory and it was listed by the most recent post. Now the listing is chaotic. The top post is PUllups. The most recent post on that topic was Feb 11, about 5 weeks ago.

Ironman stated the site was out dated. New doesn't always make something better than before. Sometimes something new isn't as good as what went before.

Kenny Croxdale

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Kenny Croxdale wrote:
wilburburns wrote:Got any more specifics on "What" sucks so bad and you don't like?

Example, you use to go to the General catagory and it was listed by the most recent post. Now the listing is chaotic. The top post is PUllups. The most recent post on that topic was Feb 11, about 5 weeks ago.
Actually, the first 12 posts on the General board are stickies - the same as on the old board. I was confused myself by the initial sticky icon, but now they look the same. In fact, all of the message icons look like the old ones. this is still a work in progress, but it's getting back to normal.

Now, about that running man at the top... :wink:

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 am

Well, in a previous post I went over WHY this is better. It has nothing to do with looks either. It has to do with compatibility and patching security vulnerabilities.

Stefan, everyone should be able to search. I will look at the permissions and verify they are correct.

The running man is a little harder. I can only get one logo on there. I can use the banner I have now, or I can use the running man. I just figured the banner was better because there is more to it. I tried to find directions but didn't come up with anything. I also tried to figure it out on my own, but I don't know crap about PHP. I'm strictly a shell script guy, with a small bit of Perl. I can maybe make minor edits to basic C code too. If there is a PHP programmer out there, feel free to chime in with some code. What I would like is to align another image to the right, and make that the running man.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:12 am

Wait....I have an idea....

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 am

I see Stephan gets lolipops! Light sabers are better.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:17 am

Those are magnifying glasses. It was the best I could find for exalted seer. All the ones with eyes really sucked.

Well it looks like the search needed to be reindexed. So that is what is wrong with it. I am reindexing it now. It will probably be running for several hours though.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:47 am

Indexing complete. Search works now, and everyone has access.

wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:19 am

Ironman,

Try this Gif instead of the PNG Banner you are currently using. Here is a couple of different sizes.
Runner-2011.gif
New Running Man Banner
Runner-2011.gif (14.75 KiB) Viewed 4179 times
Runner-2011-bigger.gif
Bigger Version
Runner-2011-bigger.gif (33.67 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
Cliff

Marnix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Marnix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Personally, but i dont know if this is possible, i'd like the horizontal tables for the threads made smaller. As it is, i cant see anything except the sticky posts without scrolling down.