biceps

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

nygmen

Re: biceps

Post by nygmen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Stephen Johnson wrote:
nygmen wrote:
Stephen Johnson wrote: A good back routine will provide the majority of biceps development in most people.
I wish I was one of those people. But alas, I had a 500lb pull and could TBar 6+ plates, and had 15" arms..
"Most people" doesn't mean "all people." It is easier for the average trainer to gain an inch on his arms by adding 7-10# of solid bodyweight throughout his body rather than do endless sets of curls. . Many formerly scrawny old timers who used the 20-rep squat routine found that not just their legs grew.

Count your blessings. Most people can't pull 500# regardless of the size of their arms. :wink:
lol, thanks.

Yeah, I owe most of my size, to the big lifts, I just never got much carryover to my arms.

My neck on the otherhand... Good God. I might need 19" shirts pretty soon.

Extremistpullup
Novice
Novice

Post by Extremistpullup » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:42 pm

I love bent over bicep curls

Plus I've broke the habit of doing "___ sets of ___ with _____ weight"

I used a different amount of weight and different amount of reps for each set and I'll do 3-6 sets.
I might change the type of exercise for that muscle half way though my workout or change it the next time I work that muscle.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 pm

yeah but who wants an arm that looks like that?

:happy3:

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 am

Doing some back work with an underhand grip is a big part of it, and it's all that is needed for beginners and most intermediates. Isolation for biceps becomes important when you start getting towards a more advanced level. Advanced bodybuilders need it for sure.