Re: A simple thought on Intermediate Programs

Post by Proper Knob » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:52 am

Ken Downs = 'The Tinkerman'

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:03 pm

oscar, which exercises are done on what days?

oh, the reason you did this is because I've infected your mind. Bob's head will now explode, as if you asked to put ketchup on a lobster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gD3uk_bDrM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 pm

KenDowns wrote:oscar, which exercises are done on what days?
oops, I deleted message because I did not format it properly to show up here.
Ok, here you go... (I'm flattered you aked, the following was pasted from word and written before I read this from you)

With the Sat/Sun/tues/Thur, seems ideal for a Upper/Lower split.
Or, using Sunday for light work/cardio/abs/flexibility, and treat it as if you have Sat/Tues/Thur to program heavier lifting.

That being said, I wasted a few minutes putting these togethre. I’d like to think it will make you more delirious, for the car wreck phenomena :grin:, but actually, I’m pretty sure it wil be ignored. V=volume, H=Heavy, M=mix, like Barbell Bench, then Decline with Dumbbell
Only thing I’m trying to say here with these is that you seem flustered but yet, bound by existing programs. Others here could easily give you a better one, but like me, we don’t know how you will respond. I do think from experience that going from simple SL to anything even like 5/3/1 or Madcow, exposes you to much that is new.. and may not fit neatly into Sat/Sun/Tues/Thur

I’m not adding any “deload” suggestions to these scheme because again, I have no clue for you. I average 11 sessions a month. I have no planned deload. I just skip sometimes. Lately, I’ve upped then umber of sessions expected in a month, because my injuries are healed (85%) IMO, at this stage you are sorta pretending to need to be fancier than necessary.
I see me in you, and also tend to tweak like crazy, just you seem more flustered by it, or at least publicize it more. I know it’s “fun” for you and I know I can ignore these, lol.

Remember how focused you were with Strong Lifts? When I have 24 different routines, and cant remember what follows what, and its almost a game, well, my progress suffers. I’m not sure what to add to the bar next time because next time, I’m doing all sorts of different things before I get to the Press..or maybe next time the Press is 9 days away instead of 2.
Keep it simpler

So ,this is not upper/lower split. I’ve never done those, I’d suggest that though for you to consider. Meanwhile for grins

..............Sat....Sun....Tue....Thu

Squat (V)_..........................X
Squat (H)_.....X
RDL_______.....X
Deadlift__...................X
H.Pull (V)............X
H.Pull (H)..........................X
H.Push (V)............X
H.Push (H).....X
V.Pull (V)...................X
V.Pull (H)............X
V.Push (V)..........................X
V.Push (H)...................X

or

..............Sat....Sun....Tue....Thu

Squat (V)_..........................X
Squat (H)_.....X
RDL_______............X
Deadlift__...................X
H.Pull (M)............X
H.Push (M).....X
V.Pull (M)..........................X
V.Push (M)...................X
Access____.....X......X

eta: NO that first ex/ I might swap around so I dont have H.Push(V) on Sun.. If I have to have back to back days on same movement, for me it would be a H.Pull, maybe Sat Pendlay Rows, then Delt DB row on Sunday, for example. I'm used to having a day betweenthe Heavy then Volume day for a movement
Last edited by Oscar_Actuary on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:36 pm

The above looks readable if paste into notepad type file. The spacing not showing up well here. And to clarify, I dont mean I can creat a beter prgram than you, I meant others can create a better one than this here. It just gives ideas - again, not sure why I did it, you dont need more ideas.. That being said, I gained a lot from expanding outsidee the boc (LaneBryce, thanks Tim!) and using the (M)-Mix ads quite a bit of flexibility in scheduling, gives you some more volume, unilateral options, etc.

The_dog_mom
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by The_dog_mom » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks Ken didn't mean to steal your thread.