Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

k31453
n00b
n00b

Height Gaining Training

Post by k31453 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi,

I am almost 18 years old. and my height is 157cm. i want to gain height. Any exercise that help me to gain height. Any tips.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Re: Height Gaining Training

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm 190.5 cm.
Just hang around with taller friends. Someone you feel comfortable around, someone who can get things off the top shelf for you. Someone who can reach the counter to grab your jello at the buffet. Someone to pick you up and set you in your booster seat.

At the apartment, just buy miniturized items. Wear platform shoes and be a giant.

Next time pick taller parents and eat more nutritiously

digger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by digger » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 am

k31453, ignore the oscar. I believe his filter is broken.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:22 am

It seems like a silly question. It's hard to give a serious answer, but I'll try.
k31453 wrote:Any exercise that help me to gain height.
No.
k31453 wrote: Any tips.
No.

The_dog_mom
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by The_dog_mom » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:26 am

As a barely 5' tall person and 54 years old my advice is give it up it will never change. Actually, Oscar gave a great answer this is my favorite and one I apply regularly
just hang around with taller friends. Someone you feel comfortable around, someone who can get things off the top shelf for you.
Last edited by The_dog_mom on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dub
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Dub » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:50 am

You're not even 18 yet. It's still very likely that you will gain few more cm's during your years. At least it's not impossible. Being shorter than the average isn't a thing to be ashamed of anyway. Don't stress about it. You can always compensate it with huge muscles, atleast that seems to be the fashion here. Life's gonna suck if you mourn the things you can't change.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:15 am

Dub wrote:You're not even 18 yet. It's still very likely that you will gain few more cm's during your years. At least it's not impossible. Being shorter than the average isn't a thing to be ashamed of anyway. Don't stress about it. You can always compensate it with huge muscles, atleast that seems to be the fashion here. Life's gonna suck if you mourn the things you can't change.
You may be creating a false hope here. Almost all boys are at their final height by age 18. In fact, the fastest growth is between 10-13. Although there is potential for some catch up is malnourished children once the reach adolescence, the OP is very probably at or very near his final height. To suggest that it's very likely that he will gain a few more cm's, is misleading.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 am

Yep.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:39 am

I'm 5' 11", the same height as I was when I was 14

sorry pal, I think you're destined for shortness. It won't be as bad as you think it's going to be, don't worry.

NickAbe57
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NickAbe57 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:41 pm

I grew until I was about 21 or so. But this isn't normal.

That being said, there is nothing you can do but rely on your genes. If you're short and skinny, putting on some muscle weight might make you feel better. I'm not the tallest 5"9 and of slight frame, and i felt great putting on 25lbs of muscle after my first year of lifting/training.

Stefan 93

Post by Stefan 93 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 am

I finished my growing like robertscott (except he is giant, I'm only 5' 9'').
You're doomed to be short dude.

You can try to do things like Tom Cruise. He has 2 heels!

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:24 pm

You could always try weighted chin-ups, with the weights attached to your ankles. Try 3-hour sets 4 times a day. If that isn't doing what you want, start increasing the weight and up the reps.

uggy
Novice
Novice

Post by uggy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Just by assuming better posture you could probably increase your height by an inch.
But that is not adding anything; just utilising your current height to the fullest.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Just to make this interesting, I think the pre-occupation with height is soley a short-person thing (note that I'm 6' 1 3/4" and may have a skewed opinion on this). I also think it is primarily a male domintated fixation. If you ask most men, they will lie about their height with 6' seeming to be the magic number.

Now, I think the 'little man syndrome' is legitimate, though once again I think it is a syndrome brought on by a shorter statured man to counter perceived thoughts that people disrespect them because of their height.

I do think women are originally attracted to men who are taller than them, but that is just like everything else. A tall guy might have more success at originally talking to a woman, but the conversation will keep them around.

All this to say, dude, get over yourself. The only person judging your height is yourself. If your friends rib you about your height, well, they would rib you about something else if you were of average height. It is just what guys do. We bust each others b..ls. I get ribbed because I'm a big hairy man - sasquatchian even. I take it and give crap back.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Sasquatchian.

Love it. Rolls off the tongue better than sasquatchoid.