Buzz Training

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Buzz Training

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:20 am

Surprise to some, I'm 100% sober 99.6% of the time I post. Tonight, a tad buzzed. But I had plenty of food. Not a lot of alcohol, 1/2 bottle of wine and two margaritas, if you must know (far cry from my alcohol days of shooting 151, but I digress) <--- that's not a brag, more a brag that I'm not that guy anymore. In fact this is the most I've drank in quite awhile. I've eaten lots of sushi, and grilled meats and veggies and drove home/around listening to music. Now I feel ok, not light headed or sick. I mean,.. really, I did not have much.

So, in general, is it best to not workout with alcohol in your system? Tonight I intended to lift. I lifted Mon & Wed full body. I shoot for every other day, and end up 3x week mostly. I plan to wait a couple of hours. I sont want to "Waste" the protein. <--- probaby something ignorant I read.

cheers.

:headbang:

commodiusvicus
Novice
Novice

Re: Buzz Training

Post by commodiusvicus » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:30 am

I feel it's probably best to have your wits about you when attempting to lift weights. I have ended up doing pull-up or push-up contests with friends while intoxicated before, though. Wish i could tell you how it felt but i don't seem to be able to recall many details for some reason.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 am

It depends on how much concentration you need to do the lifts. Curls are probably different than snatches. Think about the risk of injury if you screw up.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:06 pm

I passed. Lots of UFC and some work (employee type work) to do, kept me busy. I then started getting tired and the food was heavy in tummy.
I'm back hitting it hard today.

Thanks for feedback. I was reading about effects of alcohol on muscle buidling. Not so good. I probaby consume equiv. of 4 drinks/month. So, not an issue specifically yet

Christianiron.com
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Christianiron.com » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:11 pm

In researching Old School stuff for my books, I saw it mentioned more than once that the German clubs in New York back in the old days would be eating & drinking all day long while lifting, which boggled everyone else' s mind. Cultural thing at the time,I guess. Arny used to have keg parties in the woods & workout at the same time,too remember?
King Squat author