Increasing & Improving Anaerobic Glycolysis?.

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

josh60
Novice
Novice

Re: Increasing & Improving Anaerobic Glycolysis?.

Post by josh60 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 am

stuward wrote:
Oscar_Actuary wrote:
stuward wrote:You should be taking Creatine anyway,
to whom would this advice extend ?
Anyone interested in performance. Those that eat a lot of meat don't need it.
According to http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... e=CREATINE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :
"There is some science supporting the use of creatine in improving the athletic performance of young, healthy people during brief high-intensity activity such as sprinting. But older adults don’t seem to benefit."

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 am

Good find Josh. We have discussed this before and noticed that there were responders and non-responders. I just assumed that meat intake was the variable. Once you have enough in your system, there is no benefit in getting more. It would be interesting if an older vegetarian tried it. I wonder if there would be a benefit.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

josh60
Novice
Novice

Post by josh60 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:55 am

stuward wrote:... there were responders and non-responders.
It's a confusing subject. There are quite a few sources that say the opposite. i.e. that Creatine is recommended especially for older age. See, for exmaple, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 213425.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Go figure.

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 am

I think the answer is in the first link where it said:"Studies to date have included small numbers of people (all have involved fewer than 40 participants), and it is not possible to draw firm conclusions from such small numbers." You just have to try it and if you like the results, keep with it.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD