Soft Tissue Work on Hard to Reach Places

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jungledoc

Re: Soft Tissue Work on Hard to Reach Places

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 am

robertscott wrote:ya, I find the lack of research on it puzzling too. Definitely works though.
Research is expensive. For research to be done on something, there either has to be a well-endowed fund that gives grants for such things, or some commercial value of the research. The first are relatively rare, and the "well-endowed" part is usually only relative. So either some researcher has to convince a fund that there is great value in the research, or a company has to be convinced that the findings would increase their profits. I can't think of a way that this would be true for this matter.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

NightFaLL

Re: Soft Tissue Work on Hard to Reach Places

Post by NightFaLL » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I've tried it using foam rollers at my gym, I never feel any pain from it even with my entire body weight on the contact point - whether it be the sides of my legs, back, front of my legs, butt.. nothing.

That's why I'm not sure what it does for people. I've also never had 'knots' that need to be worked out through massage either, though, so I've never understood the use of that (although it is relaxing).