The Twitch

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

The Twitch

Post by KenDowns » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:25 pm

So I'm wondering, does this happen to everybody?

The Twitch: that overwhelming sense in a muscle that if you don't put a load on it and work it out it will drive you crazy, like having an itch in your back you can't scratch. Just like scratching an itch if you satisfy the twitch by doing some reps, it goes away.

I don't mean a literal twitch, more like a feeling.

Anybody get that? I get it all the time. Maybe that's why I wish I could train every day all day. (I used to want to bang on the drums all day...)

EDIT: BTW, the reason I mention this now is that my shoulder rehab has been going very well, so long as I don't sleep on it (which I did last night, ouch ouch ouch), and my side delts especially become intensely "twitchy" all day long. I've stayed away from lat raises so far but I can't stay away much longer or I'll end up clawing my shoulders off.
Vague goals beget vague methods

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Re: The Twitch

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Actually, if I dont for a few days, I got to. But, if I've only had one day rest, it takes some coercing, once I start though, I get into it and glad I did
I'm very lazy now, so that plays a part

IceDane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: The Twitch

Post by IceDane » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Not sure I feel it quite like that, but when I have days off during the weekend I'm just aching for a deadlift session.