Shoes for barbell training

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member
Posts: 2406
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Shoes for barbell training

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 am

emil3m wrote:I have a good quality rubber mat at home...
:scratch:

User avatar
emil3m
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: Shoes for barbell training

Post by emil3m » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:31 am

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
emil3m wrote:I have a good quality rubber mat at home...
:scratch:
7/8" thick with a diamond pattern. Covers the entire workout area. That was to address the possible slipping when working out barefoot--no chance of that.
Image

User avatar
ephs
Member
Member
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Shoes for barbell training

Post by ephs » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:48 am

my advice are indoor soccer shoes. they are not very expensive, fit good to the foot, the soles are very thin and you don't slip.
"his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see" - muhammad ali

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member
Posts: 2406
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Shoes for barbell training

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:32 am

emil3m wrote:
Oscar_Actuary wrote:
emil3m wrote:I have a good quality rubber mat at home...
:scratch:
7/8" thick with a diamond pattern. Covers the entire workout area. That was to address the possible slipping when working out barefoot--no chance of that.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having close contact with the floor, and less squoosh ?

User avatar
Jungledoc
moderator
moderator
Posts: 7578
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea

Re: Shoes for barbell training

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:32 pm

If the mat is firm, like the floor matting that you see in many gyms, I think it'd be OK. I've never felt squooshy with that stuff.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

User avatar
emil3m
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: Shoes for barbell training

Post by emil3m » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Jungledoc wrote:If the mat is firm, like the floor matting that you see in many gyms, I think it'd be OK. I've never felt squooshy with that stuff.
Yeah, that's the one. Virtually no give.

I've had 3-4 barefoot workouts already and absolutely love it. Especially the deadlift!
Image

Post Reply