FMS/SMS

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jungledoc

Re: FMS/SMS

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks. I'm going to do the leg-lowering as part of my warm-up, and at the house most other days. I've got a place where I can use the wall at home, but not at the gym, so I'll use the band there.

Now I need to decide what to do for the rest of my routine. I'm leaving out DL for now, but haven't decided on a good substitute. Maybe swings. I haven't done front squats for ages, but I did a few sets yesterday. I'll stick with them for squat day for now. I'm not sure that it'll still be trouble-free for my back.

Upper days I'll leave as they are for now. Bench (light/heavy) and chins on both days, with rows and farmers walks and pushups mixed. Bench can also bother my back. I'm modifying my set-up a bit to help this--feet on a lift is the biggest compromise with ideal form. When the weight gets heavy I usually get rid of the lift. I'm trying not to arch hard, which also means less leg-drive. Oh, well. I'll survive.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan