Captains of Crush grippers

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jclem23
Novice
Novice

Captains of Crush grippers

Post by Jclem23 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:52 pm

I got three captains of crush grippers for christmas today: the trainer, the number 1, and the number 2. However, I couldn't even close the trainer all the way. I could get the grippers to be parallel, but i couldn't get them to touch. I always knew that my grip was really weak, but I didn't realize that it was this weak. Should I just attempt to do partial reps with the trainer until i can close it all the way? Or should i buy the guide/sport one?

Jungledoc

Re: Captains of Crush grippers

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:02 am

I'd say both. If you can get a lighter one, use that for volume, but do the trainer for lower volume work.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

Kenny Croxdale
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Post by Kenny Croxdale » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am

Jclem23 wrote:I got three captains of crush grippers for christmas today: the trainer, the number 1, and the number 2. However, I couldn't even close the trainer all the way. I could get the grippers to be parallel, but i couldn't get them to touch. I always knew that my grip was really weak, but I didn't realize that it was this weak.
Three Types of Grip Strength
http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-cond ... train-them" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are three type of grip strength.

You may have more grip strength in another area.

Should I just attempt to do partial reps with the trainer until i can close it all the way? Or should i buy the guide/sport one?
Jungledoc

I agree with him.

Kenny Croxdale
Thanks TimD.

Jclem23
Novice
Novice

Post by Jclem23 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks for the responses. I have been doing partial reps with the trainer and have already seen improvements in my grip strength. I am very close to closing it.