judge my form (video)

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Immortal2
Novice
Novice

judge my form (video)

Post by Immortal2 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:10 pm

I posted my first youtube vid about 2 min sgo -. Can you guys judge my form.?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NimkoAilSQ4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At 143.5 pounds here. 300 in bar weight

Immortal2
Novice
Novice

Re: judge my form (video)

Post by Immortal2 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:25 pm

should i put up 225 for 20 also? I actually mention you guys in there .

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:39 pm

squat looked good to me man, well done.

(maybe next time you could skip the two minute intro though...)

Immortal2
Novice
Novice

Post by Immortal2 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:36 pm

sorry man i was buying time because I was exhausted and didnt want to cancel the vid to restart again :(

Ive been doing 8 rep full body lately for high sets and it's a killer but it does raise your strength and endurance up a lot. I will, however, switch back to 5 reps as soon as I feel my cns crash down. Heck I may even try a 2-3 rep scheme. Got any tips though?

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:33 am

Immortal2 wrote:sorry man i was buying time because I was exhausted and didnt want to cancel the vid to restart again :(
don't worry about it, just thought it was kinda funny like "when's this guy actually gonna squat?"
Immortal2 wrote:Ive been doing 8 rep full body lately for high sets and it's a killer but it does raise your strength and endurance up a lot. I will, however, switch back to 5 reps as soon as I feel my cns crash down. Heck I may even try a 2-3 rep scheme. Got any tips though?
for the rep ranges and stuff? Just do what you feel man if you are liking the 8 reps scheme stick with it, if you want to change to 5s or 3s or whatever then do it. There's no right or wrong answer, just pick a rep range and get stronger. I personally think upper/lower splits are superior to full body but that's just my opinion

As for your squat form I'm hardly an expert but it looked pretty solid to me - good depth, back straight, hips back etc.

Dub
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Dub » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:35 am

Nice! The form looks safe. Just for a cue, drive the chest up when in the bottom, and keep the upper back thight, plus drive the elbows under the bar.

One thing I'm thinking is that you are wasting a lot of energy and effort having multiple short breaths between every rep. Is there a reason for this?
Physical Preparedness Coach
Co-Owner of UniFit Oy.

Immortal2
Novice
Novice

Post by Immortal2 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 am

Dub wrote:Nice! The form looks safe. Just for a cue, drive the chest up when in the bottom, and keep the upper back thight, plus drive the elbows under the bar.

One thing I'm thinking is that you are wasting a lot of energy and effort having multiple short breaths between every rep. Is there a reason for this?

Actually ya, ever since I did the 20 rep breath squat where you pretty much gotta breathe in and out at least 3 times per rep, I kinda have been doing that ffor everything. Its been stuck in my mind and its hard to break the habit lol.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that thing right there. It's a killer workout. I guess I got too used to it. Gotta work on it.