Multivitamin prob

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

s3v3ns
Rookie
Rookie

Multivitamin prob

Post by s3v3ns » Sat May 03, 2014 1:26 am

Hello guys. At the moment i am taking Animal Flex and i can feel the difference and i was thinking about buying some multivitamin product. I was aiming for Animal pak but i cant find it anywhere in the EU that would ship to my country. The only nicely rated and not too expensive MV i found is Orange triad + greens but it has some joint supplements in it aswell. SO my question is, can i take these 2 together or will it be just too much Joint supplements

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Re: Multivitamin prob

Post by robertscott » Sat May 03, 2014 4:51 am

take them together if you want. It'll not do any harm but chances are it'll just be a waste of money

Dub
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Dub » Sat May 03, 2014 6:16 am

What else do you eat? If you eat poorly or too little, you can benefit from the multivitamin. If you eat well and enough, you won't probably need it. Focus on real foods before supplements, then consider adding something
Physical Preparedness Coach
Co-Owner of UniFit Oy.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat May 03, 2014 2:30 pm

In order to get adequate vitamins and minerals, have vegetables and/or fruit with every meal. Preferably 2 or 3 servings. Mix it up. Have seafood 2-3 times a week, organ meat once a week, snack on nuts and at least 1 egg per day. Have protein with each meal. If you're trying to gain weight, add appropriate amounts of potatoes, rice or legumes, dairy if you tolerate it. Fermented food is good. If you eat like that you shouldn't need supplements.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Sun May 04, 2014 7:27 am

s3v3ns wrote: SO my question is, can i take these 2 together or will it be just too much Joint supplements
Yes, you can take them together. Many vitamins come with extra ingredients (such as lycopene/lutein, resveratrol, or in your case glucosamine) in order to justify raising the price. But in most cases, the amount of the extra ingredients added is much less than the amount needed for the ingredients to be effective. Better to skip such products and stick with a straight multivitamin.

Even if the vitamin had effective doses of the joint supplements, there is little risk of toxicity. Persons suffering from moderate arthritis have doubled and even tripled the typical daily dosage long term with no ill effects

Some people say that vitamin supplementation is a waste of money. But at around 10-15 cents per no-frills pill here in the US, you're not talking about a huge amount of money. And while eating properly eliminates the need for vitamin supplementation, most people don't eat properly. For the average person, vitamin supplementation makes sense.
Thanks TimD

s3v3ns
Rookie
Rookie

Post by s3v3ns » Mon May 05, 2014 3:31 am

Well i would say my diet is pretty nice.
Just an example.
Mornings 1cup of oats + 5-6 eggwhites
pre-lunch some snack(creek yoghurt or something
lunch eggs + rice or buckwheat
preworkout 3 fulleggs 1 egg white+spinatch
after some fruid (banana)
lunch 250g of meat, brocculi + 200g of beans
before bed 250g creek yoghurt + almonds

Dub
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Dub » Mon May 05, 2014 4:13 am

If that's all the greens you eat, then yeah maybe some antioxidant/multivitamin might benefit you. But I'd suggest you to get it from real foods. Eat a portion of veggies at every meal.
Physical Preparedness Coach
Co-Owner of UniFit Oy.