Workout Routine For Post-Pregnancy

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

superman
n00b
n00b

Workout Routine For Post-Pregnancy

Post by superman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:20 am

Hi - I really like the workout routines/directory and articles on this website. Helps me decide what areas to choose during my workout.

This question is for my wife who delivered our first child last year and still has a slightly bigger than normal stomach due to streching. Otherwise, she is thin and fit, although not regular at the Gym.

I have got her some dumbells and barbells at home along with a bench (Decathlon BM 210). Can someone suggest a good article here or a work routine (similar to the templates), to get her fit soon. I'll make sure she works out regularly.

Thanks!

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Workout Routine For Post-Pregnancy

Post by Ironman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Any typical beginner workout should fit the bill. A full body routine focusing on the basic compound lifts will offer the best results.

superman
n00b
n00b

Post by superman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:00 am

Can you suggest a couple of exercises or muscles she needs to target more. She is thin/normal overall, except for some extra fat in the lower abdomen because of the Stretching effect during pregnancy... bit like a pillow texture.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:17 pm

She really just needs to do all of them. Doing a flat press with barbell or dumbbells, and then an incline press, a dumbbell or barbell row, some sort of vertical pull, squats, and deadlifts should cover everything. The vertical pull could be tricky to figure out, unless she can do a chin up, or you have a cable pulldown. If not, you might try some bands.

superman
n00b
n00b

Post by superman » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:39 am

Ok, thanks for the inputs