Weight Belt

Discussions concerning various equipments, accessories, homemade items, gadgets, etc used in the pursuit of fitness

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

TheHeb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Weight Belt

Post by TheHeb » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm thinking about getting a belt that you can attach weights to so I can do weighted dips/weighted pull-ups. All the belts I've seen online seem pretty close in price (about $20) and fairly homogeneous. Can anyone recommend a good belt and the best place to buy it? Thanks.

-Heb

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:35 pm

http://newyorkbarbells.com/im-5621.html
Heres a place to get them at if you don't have a quality equiptment distributor in your area.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:43 pm

I just use my dogs's leashes. I just wrap the handle end around my waist, feed the click faster through the handle, then through a hole in the weight plates, and then asten it to the chain above the weight. Works fine, cost is about 1 bucks, but I already had 3 floating around the house.
Tim

TheHeb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TheHeb » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:29 am

Thanks for the link ironmaiden. It seems a bit expensive though, especially after reading TimD's post. My brother has a dog, I'll see if he has a leash lying around and give it a go, if it works cool. If not, I'll cough up the dough and buy one.