How to Kids pulling tires ?

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

kanyokuo
former lurker

How to Kids pulling tires ?

Post by kanyokuo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:51 am

Just though I'd share this inspiring bit. One of the neighborhood kids pulled my tire rig last week for a while. He did it again today, forwards, backwards, and sideways, for a few 30m trips.

He didn't go very fast compared to me. But I'm 85kg pulling about 22kg worth of tires and chain. He's - ahem - 32kg. So that rig is more than 2/3 of his bodyweight, and he was hauling it steadily. It would be like me hauling almost 60kg. He's not strong enough for towel pullups but he told me today he'll get one "next time." He then rigged up my tire set so he could try sumo deadlifting the tires while holding the chains, but he's way too small to have room to lift it, so instead he just bent down and picked it up with both arms around the rig. I told him mom while we watch him that his butt is going to be sore tomorrow.

Someday I'm going to have moved away and he'll be telling stories about dragging tires around with a giant American teacher. If I could only convince him not to "inchworm" on his pushups, I'd be really happy.