My Plan for World Peace.

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

My Plan for World Peace.

Post by Matt Z » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:10 pm

My plan for world peace is to invent a pill that turns men gay. Then I would give the pill to all the really good-looking men. This would leave all the attractive women for the rest of us. Meanwhile, the good-looking gay guys would be happy, because they would be surrounded by other good-looking gay guys. And since all the men of the world would be happy, there would be no war.

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:14 pm

The women might get upset. That reminds me of a Seinfeld episode...

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:36 pm

Hmmm ... Maybe somebody can invent a lesbian pill for all the lonely ugly women.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:17 pm

Or a pill that makes guys find them attractive.

My plan for world peace is doing away with religion. No offense to the faithful, but look at what people fight about.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:33 pm

I don't know of any religion that preaches killing people. I do however know a lot of people who twist religion to rationalize stuff they were going to do anyway. Without religion they can easily find another excuse.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:35 pm

The crusades for example were more about plundering the Holy Land than they were about spreading Christianity.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:58 pm

Of course, in some ways Aetheism is a lot like a religion. After all, Aetheism is more than just the absence of faith. It's a belief in the non-existance of any higher power (an idea Aethists are often very committed to). Likewise atheists can be very intolerant of those who's beliefs don't match their own, and in some cases may try to force their beliefs on others.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 pm

Wow, I started a bunch of crap didn't I? Well, I'll just say I disagree on all points and leave it at that. I shouldn't have brought it up.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:16 am

Hey, I was just sharing a funny idea I had. I never meant to start a debate on religion.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:09 am

Can we start talking about politics?

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:09 am

Go for it Stu, might want to do it on a separate thread though. Back to the gay pill now. The US military was actually looking into something like that, and it came to light about 6-7 months ago. The late night guys, Leno, Letterman, etc were having a blast with it. To bad there is still a writers strike going on here in the US, can't get an objective view on all the presidential candidtates debates now.
Tim

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:22 pm

It would be interesting. I'm kind of a libertarian, so I'm sure I could piss off everyone. :)

TimD

Post by TimD » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:59 pm

That makes two of us IM. I was a conservative centrist Republican, before the party got hijacked. Voted Blue Dog last time out to throw the bums out (Jim Webb in Va-he crossed over too, for the same reasons). I like this guy Ron Paul. Too bad he hasn't got a chance. He even admits he couldn't do it right away, but he'd be getting rid of all this useless Govt buracracy. I like that. Do away with income tax, I like that to a point, but wherre would the funds for public schools, libraries come from?
Tim

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm

I'm a Canadian and all our parties are as corrupt as the next.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:59 pm

Yea, I used to throw my support behind the republicans because I'm into the small government thing. However I am very liberal on social issues. So when the party got hijacked by nuts I threw my support behind the democrats. It only took a couple years of Bush to turn me against the republicans.

You don't seem to have people trying to create a theocracy in Canada. So consider yourself lucky. You probably won't ever be ruled by people who think the earth is 6000 years old.