People that waddle...

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

ironmaiden708

People that waddle...

Post by ironmaiden708 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:54 pm

I have just started to wonder this. Are there other causes of people to waddle besides being obese or something along those lines. I see this kid in school and he has mostly vanity weight if anything but when he walks its a waddle, could that be just poor posture or articulations. Hes not injured because ironically enough he does sprinting.

On a side note I'm not a big fan of him because of his irrational choices he tends to make and due to his ego being a little to big for his own good.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Well,on the question of waddling, yes. Many other possibilities. Imbalances, bone deformities, calcium and vit D deficiencies, Osteoarthritis/porosis and their consequences, most of which come with aging in general and the body overcompensating over the years.
Tim

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Well hes 17 so I doubt aging has anything to do with it.

corless319
Novice
Novice

Post by corless319 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:44 am

I used to walk with my feet out wide to the side. Growing up in a school where there were so many damned people i had to walk like that or i would trip over peoples feet all the time i guess i kinda waddle people say i walk cocky... i dont know i try to walk with my feet in front of me now that i dont go to school in a packed building with too many people lol

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:48 pm

Walking with your feet out at a wide angle can be a sign of weak glutes. That seems unlikely if he's a sprinter but it could be something like that. Or, as Corless hinted at, he might just be strutting or walking cocky.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Or, as Corless hinted at, he might just be strutting or walking cocky.
I would never want to have a swagger like that...

corless319
Novice
Novice

Post by corless319 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm

hahaha i dont strut and or walk cocky its just a natural walk but a lot of my friends make fun of it and be like hey look im corless and try to walk like me i dont know people walk differently some people sulk when they walk some have a pimp step some drag their feet... just depends lol

tostig
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tostig » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Isn't the way people walk directly related to supporting and balancing their weight as they propel themselves foreward?

Think about it. As you push 100 to 200 pounds foreward, you're on one leg half the time. So overweight people have to shift alot more weight to one side than skinny people. Plus their fat limits the freedom of their joints.

Solidly build men stomp foreward side to side.

And then there's shapely women, who only need to shift their hips over.

Make sense?

trainer Chris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trainer Chris » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:35 pm

it probably in his hip complex. tight hip flexors and weak glutes. if his glutes are weak he cant properly initiate a correct foward step. so his abductors take over and pull outward and make a waddle apperience. also if his hip flexors are tight then they will inhibit the hips foward movement.

Chris_A
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Chris_A » Fri May 23, 2008 2:30 pm

I’m, bored today, so I’m gonna post in this old thread!

The last time I saw a perfectly healthy kid waddling it was because his pants were halfway down his a$$ so that his boxer shorts could be seen. Being so low, he couldn't take proper strides because the pants were restricting his thighs....plus a regular stride would have caused the pants to fall all the way off.

Worse, he seemed in a hurry and was waddling very quickly causing him to look like a Penguin in heat chasing after his quickly disappearing mate.

For the love of all that is holy -- PULL UP YOUR PANTS! :evil:

Manofsteel319

Post by Manofsteel319 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:35 pm

three letters. LOL

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Fri May 23, 2008 7:24 pm

That reminds me of an episode of COPS. There was some stupid thug running from the police. His pants were way too big, so he had to hold them up with both hands to run. This worked okay until he tried to hop over a fence. When the officers found him, he was hanging upside down by his feet with his pants around his ankles.

Manofsteel319

Post by Manofsteel319 » Tue May 27, 2008 8:48 am

Bad boys bad boys whachu gonna do whachu gonna do when we come for you ... haha you would think if you were a gangster of some sort that you would wear clothes that would allow better running and jumping. Maybe g's should wear singlets so the could sprint and jump without the worry of their pants entangling them. hahaha