How to Lose Weight for the XX-Chromosomed Types

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Francisco Bizarro
n00b
n00b

How to Lose Weight for the XX-Chromosomed Types

Post by Francisco Bizarro » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:11 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal ... index.html

More self-coddling crap for women. I like the part where 'Just Having Worked Out' subtracts 7 weight points while 'eating Death By Chocolate Cake' adds 6. Because 20 minutes on the recumbent will burn calories in excess of the 600 in Death By Chocolate cake. BTW what the hell is Death By Chocolate cake

I'm not even punctuating that question with a question mark because it expresses my speculative wretching.

I think I'm gonna write a book about overcoming the psychological barriers to fat loss with tidbits like "Step 1: Throw out your scale," and with great quotes like, "Be like the inventor who doesn't spoil the surprise until the invention comes out of the shed, not the inventor who gives constant updates, because then people stop noticing." I have no qualifications and it's going to make millions and I'll be on Oprah. It needs to be simple and easy-to-read so no footnotes or references or academic standards.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Wow, That's pretty bad.

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:23 pm

It's articles like this that make it soo frustrating to even consider talking to someone about their diet.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:36 am

As I've read it, it's not a weight-loss plan which is being described, it's how women imagine themselves when in the neighbourhood of younger/older people, when they've just eaten something like chocolate, etc. I don't know what the meaning/use of the PBII (Personal Body Imagining index or something like it) is.
But I think it has something to do about liking the way you are e.g. a fat women can accept who she is with the use of PBII. That is just plain bollocks, enlarging the idea "I can't change how my body looks like."

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:23 pm

I don't understand why people seem to gravitate towards extremes. Either they expect physical perfection, or they give up and let themselves go completely.
Last edited by Matt Z on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Also, I don't understand why some people see any attempt at self improvement as a sign of low self esteem. They act like it's impossible for someone to like who they are as a person and still want to improve their appearance, health or athletic performance.

Jungledoc

Re: How to Lose Weight for the XX-Chromosomed Types

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Francisco Bizarro wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal ... index.html

More self-coddling crap for women.
IT'S A JOKE, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

It satire. She's just laughing about her struggles, and the attitudes that women tend to pick up through the years. She'd agree with pretty much what you guys are saying--she's just expressing it through satire.