Matt Z wrote:Do you honestly think that all McCain supporters are racist, ignorant hillbillys?
Only the supporters from Texas... (HA HA. Just kidding. I swear i'm just fooling around.)
ironmaiden708 wrote:I believe the reason the gov't is pouring money into the market is because they are betting on the fact then when the stocks rebound they will have a large surplus of money which can help eliminate apart of the national debt
Yes, but if you notice the market didn't rebound until the rest of the world pledged loans. (Sort of funny to me, but it makes perfect sense when my boss explained it to me.) The government is in a position to make a ton of money, and i think that is why they choose the path they did, and not the same path as the EU. It could actually end up being a win-win, but some butthead politician will ruin that.
tyler wrote:I know I stirred some controversy with my socialism comment...
I would like to thank you for it too.
hoosegow wrote:Lemmings. I better stop, but this has been fun. I will say that I never have and will never expect anyone to bail my ass out of trouble nor will I ever rely on another person for my success.
Against my better judgment I'm going to respond to this…
1) Thanks for calling me a Lemming, I gripped and ripped a PR today. 30lbs more than my prior.
2) I assume by your comments you're young, like still in high school young.
3) You will never be very successful without help from others. Life is not American Idol. You will need help, you will need advice, and I advise you stop letting your Hubris cut off your nose to spite your face. Passion is a wonderful thing to have, but be weary of taking it to extremes.
4) NONE of these companies expected anyone to bail them out. High reward only comes with high risk. These banks & mortgage companies expected the former. They let it ride, and rolled snake eyes. Such is life, but in this situation you cannot sit back and let the ENTIRE world suffer for the mistakes of a few fools. We're talking a total shift in global power to nations we used to be in a "cold" war with. We're talking millions of people STARVING to death, not just in developing nations, but on the sidewalk down the street from your house, it will be the guy that works 80 hours a week now, not the "welfare queens" I assume you're thinking of. I am not happy about the bailout, rather opposed to it, but I understand its necessity, and have the ability to see the good that could and will become of it.
5) Honestly if I am a lemming, you are also. Your just running off a cliff that is so far to the right, we don't even live in the same universe. But I'm pretty sure the sky in mine is blue, and militancy isn't a normal mode of thought, because panic is neither fun nor necessary.
I'm sorry if this angers you, or I insulted you, but the Lemming comment drew a line.