Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, parth, stuward

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:01 pm

When I take a piss at school I always spit in the toilet before pissing and after.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Wouter wrote:When I take a piss at school I always spit in the toilet before pissing and after.
WTF?

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Well, that's random.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:54 am

Today I signed up for the YMCA, I asked for a look around just to see the place. Anyway I asked if Power cleans were allowed, lol.
He said, "With a lot of weight?"
I said, "Does it matter? The exercise itself, can I do them here?"
He said, "You know, I've worked here for 10 years and no one has ever asked me that question."

From that, its pretty obvious that there not allowed... I guess...

During the tour he mostly kept talking to me about the cardio machines and it seemed like thats all he wanted to show me, even after telling him, "I won't be using any of these machines." lol I caint wait to post my random gym stories.

Oh and I never did get an answer for first question.

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:55 am

I go to the Y in Halifax once in a while and I see power cleans pretty often. They don't do them very heavy or with very good form. There's a group there that are into Crossfit which is why they do them. They'll usually superset them with kippping pullups or something.

When I first started going to the Y with my son, my daughter on the front desk got a report from some members that there were a couple of guys that looked like they were going to hurt themselves. She tried to to laugh out loud. Now they're used to us. They still won't allow chalk.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 am

my gym has gotten used to me too, they used to complain about my barefoot antics and all sorts of other stuff. I think once they realised I wasn't an idiot and wasn't going to hurt myself or anybody else they stopped worrying. They don't even charge me a membership anymore, although I don't think that's on purpose, more just an administrative error

KPj

Post by KPj » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:07 am

My manager in the gym pulled us all in for a meeting. Basically peoples standards were getting sloppy - mostly to do with uniform - and it was to get people to be a little more professional. It's things like wearing your name tag (they've still not got me one), and wearing the propper trainer outfit. I do this anyway, so I was sitting kind of smug the whole time.

Then she mentioned footwear. She looked right at me and said we need to wear "black and/or white sports shoes". I was called out as an example of what NOT to wear. I wear chucks. Black and White chucks....

I decided not to give her a spinning back kick and reasoned with her... "what the hells wrong with chucks?". She said, "they're not really sportswear, are they? Are they not more fashionable than anything else?". I said, "when have you EVER seen me trying to be fashionable?????". She mentioned things like them being unsuitable for lifting in a gym due to their lack of "support". I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

Anyway I got around it but that's an example of some of the crap I need to deal with from time to time. Weirdly enough i'm supposed to be training my manager tomorrow night. This is going to be good.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:11 am

Train her on squats and deads. The first thing you should tell her is to go buy a pair of chucks.

KPj

Post by KPj » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:39 am

She will deffinitly be squatting and deadlifting :grin:

I can see her being quite challenging to train. Which I like... She won't know how to get the hips back. Probably has very weak glutes and hammies. I would bet she does, actually. I think it'll be hard to take for her. She says she needs someone to give her the "buzz" of training back. I reckon i'm up to the task. However we had this arranged a few weeks ago and she bailed so, we'll see what happens tomorrow...

KPj

GTO
Novice
Novice

Post by GTO » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:27 am

If you lift weights regularly, run sprints ect, but don't compete except against your own pr's or in my case age, and don't play any sports, would you still consider yourself an athlete?

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:38 am

"Athlete" comes from the Greek word meaning " one who participates in a contest" so without the contest you can't really say you're an athlete, but you can certainly say you're "athletic" in that you train as an athlete and have attributes of an athlete.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am

Do you see three pigs? :twisted:

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:54 am

Wouter wrote:Do you see three pigs? :twisted:
I don't know if it's NSFW or not?

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:34 pm

KPj wrote:I decided not to give her a spinning back kick and reasoned with her... "what the hells wrong with chucks?". She said, "they're not really sportswear, are they? Are they not more fashionable than anything else?". I said, "when have you EVER seen me trying to be fashionable?????". She mentioned things like them being unsuitable for lifting in a gym due to their lack of "support". I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.
Lmao, you have good reasoning skills my friend.

A. moss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by A. moss » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Wouter wrote:Do you see three pigs? :twisted:

Again, WTF.