Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Smart ass forum :naka: lol

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:18 am

Ambien Gmen. Ambien is your friend.

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:35 am

robertscott wrote:
Nevage wrote:Robert, them hook me up comments about KPJ's sister could be a bit awkward when you all meet!
Oh aye I never thought of that, KPj's stronger than me too. All this talk of training me's clearly just so he can meet me and kick my ass.
Haha, my rule is if I can military press you, you're not good enough for her. That's actually quite generous, since my military press is pretty weak. Infact i've only just started training it over the last 4 weeks or so. Infact, I just came up with that rule just now, and the more I think about it, the more flawed it is. Double standards, since I'm pretty certain I can military press myself.

My brother stays in the flats pretty much next door to Kelvingrove hotel (sauchiehall st), obviously just next to kelvingrove park... My sister stays just around the corner. These are the buzzers I press after a night out in Glasgow. To think, we may have rubbed shoulders before, and never knew it. Maybe we should get some EXRX T-shirts made up. There's a great wee roll shop here, too, can't remember the name. That could be the pre workout nutrition, then a couple of quarter pounders and a milkshake as PW nutrition. Ideally, when benching, you want to have a mega insulin spike. When you lie on the bench you'll want to fall asleep, bt you'll hit a PR!

So far i have a couple of apps on Sat I can't really change. 2pm and 3pm. Normally have a couple of morning sessions bt managed to change them. I'm out on Fri night, at the ABC, seeing the Doors Alive - Doors tribute band, if you like the doors you would love them! Then to Greens to train my sis, maybe myself, then back to ayrshire to train clients, maybe myself, then back up to Glasgow for night out in Hilton. Christening on Sunday..... And I just wanted a quiet weekend....

KPj

jtw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jtw » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:55 am

Just did my first barbell complex yesterday, with an empty bar just to see if I do it. 10 reps of: squat, hang clean, overhead press, bent over row, lunge, romanian deadlift, and calf raises. I feel like I was prison raped, especially my glutes - and it was just an empty bar!

Gotta burn those calories for the company Christmas party on Friday where we'll all get hammered; I figure I'll eat about 5000 calories and drink 5000 more that day.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 am

KPj wrote:
Haha, my rule is if I can military press you, you're not good enough for her. That's actually quite generous, since my military press is pretty weak. Infact i've only just started training it over the last 4 weeks or so. Infact, I just came up with that rule just now, and the more I think about it, the more flawed it is. Double standards, since I'm pretty certain I can military press myself.

My brother stays in the flats pretty much next door to Kelvingrove hotel (sauchiehall st), obviously just next to kelvingrove park... My sister stays just around the corner. These are the buzzers I press after a night out in Glasgow. To think, we may have rubbed shoulders before, and never knew it. Maybe we should get some EXRX T-shirts made up. There's a great wee roll shop here, too, can't remember the name. That could be the pre workout nutrition, then a couple of quarter pounders and a milkshake as PW nutrition. Ideally, when benching, you want to have a mega insulin spike. When you lie on the bench you'll want to fall asleep, bt you'll hit a PR!
KPj
I weigh 80k, so you're probably not far off being able to military press me. If I ever meet you I'll be sure to have loads of change in my pockets and a couple of bricks in my jacket just in case.

I actually stay on the street right behind the Kelvingrove Hotel, literally right behind it. Small world eh? It's a nice part of town I think, very studenty which suits me.

If you're in that part of town lookign for an insulin spike I recommend the Grove chippy on argyle street. Best chippy in Glasgow I reckon

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:36 am

Jungledoc wrote: AND, I'm bringing my grandkid.
I missed this til now, congratulations Doc! That's awesome news.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:54 pm

hoosegow wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:I'll come, I'll grunt, I'll use chalk, but I'm going to wear more than just socks. Did you mean "jocks"? "Rocks"? "Smocks"?

AND, I'm bringing my grandkid.
That's all well in good Doc, but still - everyone else in just socks? I aint gonna make it. And I'd dang sure not bring a grandkid. Scar the poor child for life it would.
Yeah, well. I wouldn't really bring it. Him/her. This is just a part of my new approach to posting on the forum, which involves the inclusion of the word "grandkid" in somewhere in every thread. Once the gender of the child i known, I'll refine it to "grandson" or "granddaughter". I just had to work it in.

And yes, I will be that guy who asks you if you want to see pictures of his grandchild and has about 15 pictures under your nose before you can reply.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:52 am

Doc, congratulations and thanks for mentioning the hook grip somewhere!
It hurts but it's 10x better than the overhand grip (damn you small hands).
Next up 300lbs deadlift and 220lbs high pull.

KPj

Post by KPj » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:59 am

robertscott wrote: I weigh 80k, so you're probably not far off being able to military press me. If I ever meet you I'll be sure to have loads of change in my pockets and a couple of bricks in my jacket just in case.

I actually stay on the street right behind the Kelvingrove Hotel, literally right behind it. Small world eh? It's a nice part of town I think, very studenty which suits me.

If you're in that part of town lookign for an insulin spike I recommend the Grove chippy on argyle street. Best chippy in Glasgow I reckon
I weigh about 80KG, too. I'm just gradually increasing the weight on my military press, as an assistance exercise, in an effort to not make my shoulders hate me. So I started with 40-45KG, and just been slowly moving it up. Got interesting at 60-65. At 70 just now which feels quite heavy, but no shoulder issues yet. I "think" I could military press 80KG, but i'm not rushing into anything...

I know the street - had to park there a few times when at my brothers! Small world right enough, especially in Scotland. And yeah, really nice part of town, and really convenient - we normally just walk back from a night to there. I don't know if being so close to Seventh Heaven is a good thing or a bad thing though :lol:

I'll be in your area tomorrow watching/listening to some psychedelic rock :grin:

KPj

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:23 am

well get those strength levels up boy! I've never been military pressed before.

I would watch yourself parking on my street by the way, the traffic wardens are militant as hell round here, 3 of my mates have been stung recently.

Enjoy the concert tonight

xshawnxearthx

Post by xshawnxearthx » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:11 pm

doc,

squat is up to 185lbs, dead lift up to 300lbs for reps. been doing SS the past two weeks. this is just about 3 months out of knee surgery. have to ice my knee after lifting, but so far i feel really good.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:03 am

xshawnxearthx wrote:doc,

squat is up to 185lbs, dead lift up to 300lbs for reps. been doing SS the past two weeks. this is just about 3 months out of knee surgery. have to ice my knee after lifting, but so far i feel really good.
Remind me where these lifts were before your surgery.

xshawnxearthx

Post by xshawnxearthx » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Jungledoc wrote:

Squat ORM was 290lbs. Reps I would do 260lbs.
DL ORM was 40lbs. Reps I would do 360lbs.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:58 am

xshawnxearthx wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:

Squat ORM was 290lbs. Reps I would do 260lbs.
DL ORM was 40lbs. Reps I would do 360lbs.
You're on your way back. It will come back quickly.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Today is the anniversary of Carl Sagan's Death.