Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:55 am

And has anyone on here got problems because of that monster storm in the US?

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:08 am

Come on GTO. We have room for you. It's a little cold right now, but just wait a month or two.

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:24 am

Wouter wrote:And has anyone on here got problems because of that monster storm in the US?
We were on the tail end of the system.

We had some snow on Tuesday night but not enough to shut down my work and the forcast was for 45 cm last night, which looked good for a day off, but the snow stopped about 10PM and only 25cm more was down. By this morning the roads were plowed and work was on again. I did get to leave early yesterday so I did get a couple of hours off. Schools were closed 2 day in a row so traffic wasn't too bad.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Wouter wrote:
robertscott wrote:
hoosegow wrote:Robert, you are using the same excuse every uses why they don't go to the gym. You know what you have to do. Stop being a wuss and get it done.
Why don't you come down here and make me eh tough guy?
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!
robertscott wrote:Just kidding
...oh
I'd prefer to pick on someone my own size

GTO
Novice
Novice

Post by GTO » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:22 pm

I wouldn't do that to you Hoosegow

I'll find someone else to spot my assisted/weighted dips.

Maybe California would be a better choice.

nygmen

Post by nygmen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 pm

I love my job

Been at work till midnight all week so far.

Hell yeah, yea audits.

NOT

:diabloanifire:

KPj

Post by KPj » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:28 am

They're doing some sort of feeble attempt at a fight club in my gym. One of the sales guys already went up against one of the trainers. The trainer, despite roughly 50lbs lighter and a few inches shorter, dominated it. Sounds quite brutal but i've not seen the video yet. The trainer actually has a little kick boxing experience, which sort of disgusted me a little (the sales guy had no experience in anything, really).

It sounds fun on the face of it. I'm no boxer or fighter, but i done Karate for a years growing up and had a small summer stint in a boxing club about 5-6 years ago. I just generally appreciate the sport and "art" of boxing. One of my training partners is now doing Muay Thai so I spar with him quite a lot - just boxing though. However, we actually "spar", we don't "fight". This is what I thought was happening in the gym. But it does sound like some kind of fight club!

For starters they put on these crap gloves that the gym provide. They don't wrap their hands/knuckles, either. Aswell going bare knuckle. No head guards or mouth guards. Apparently the only rule is that it can't go to the ground.

I can remember doing this with my friends when we were about 14, at a friends farm. The "fun" ended when I was boxing this big guy, who went completely nuts after I knocked him down in the first round. The "Refs" just stood there and I had no choice but to defend myself. I knocked him out, there was a lot of blood coming from his mouth. He never showed up at school the next day due to concusion. This was one of my best friends at the time!!! I felt terrible about it for years although we can laugh about it now. However that was the last of it.

Surprises me that they're doing something so stupid. Atleast put more boundaries in place!! When we were younger we had an excuse - we were about 14! These are technically adults. Strange.

I've just told them I don't dislike anyone enough to properly "fight" them. Although I joked that if they put me up against my boss, I would be ready and willing (she's a women - yes bad taste but I have a bad sense of humour!)

KPj

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 am

sounds to me like you just broke the first rule

KPj

Post by KPj » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:29 am

robertscott wrote:sounds to me like you just broke the first rule
haha, it's funny you say that. I was talking with another trainer about it and he said, "we're aloud to talk about fight club 'cause we're not actually in fight club"

KPj

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:34 am

yeah thinking back to the film I don't think they stipulated that the rules applied to spectators.

There's no chance I'd be up for it in my gym, one of the trainers is the Scottish Muay Thai champion. He'd smash my girly little face into bits.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:39 pm

lmfao you crazy Belgium's.

Wouter, I can't stop watching that video, do you know what song is playing on it?

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:04 am

Jebus wrote:lmfao you crazy Belgium's.

Wouter, I can't stop watching that video, do you know what song is playing on it?
Lol, they're crazy Germans. It was posted on a Belgian site though.
Better yet: crazy WOW players.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Wouter wrote:
Jebus wrote:lmfao you crazy Belgium's.

Lol, they're crazy Germans. It was posted on a Belgian site though.
Better yet: crazy WOW players.
Oh, ok lol, pardon my ignorance.

Helena115
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Helena115 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Cream soda is awesome.