Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: Random crap

Post by RobertB » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am

I didn't want to bump my GVT thread to just ramble like a giddy kid so *random thread to the rescue*

Just got back from my 4th week leg session and I've been adding 5k a session, I knew this week would be the one that beat the $h1t out of me (having barely done last week) - but I experienced the same amazing drug like feeling that I did when I got into a really good OHP groove (felt form get better, then linear gains for 5-6 weeks) managed the full 100 and satisfied with form, I wont go in with a negative head next week but I can't possibly do 10x10 +5k next week.

Sometimes week to week you feel good from lifting, you know its helped balance mood - but from time to time I get these "F**K YEA THIS IS THE S**T" moments - and 10x10 squats with a new weight, forcing myself to get my ass down - great session.... had to support half my weight on the hand rail back up the stairs but...

Robertscott seemed happy with GVT and I've gotta say I see why you/he support it - sure I've not gone through many programs, but going from Texas method (not too much fun after ages on Stronglifts5x5) to this - seing my legs get defined/grow, shoulders start to split up - the feeling of a truly empty tank on leg days... its good stuff

Recommend it to anyone finishing up starting strength or a novice program who feel its time to move onto intermediate. It's fun, different and gives your brain a change from "read 1000 pages to add 1% to compounds" mentality (if you have that, maybe it's just my geeky/over-analytical side :wink: )

I will say though unless you have form down, this is not for novices, I never like to give myself a badge but; the pure volume requires your core to be able to squat effectivley IMO and if not, your going to end up hurting your back, I felt a few slightly off squats and they started to build up tension which reminded me its for nothing unless you get it right.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:14 pm

hoosegow wrote:
robertscott wrote: I'm a hugger. I'm the most touchy feely person on earth. I'm always putting my arm round folk or slapping them on the shoulder or whatever. I'm sure some people must get really freaked out by me invading their personal space.
You and I, we aint hangin' out. I don't even like to shake hands. Bumps are barely tolerable.
But... but... but... I don't know what to say. I guess that cake I baked for you will have to go in the bin.

<sigh> looks like it's microwave dinners for one again Robert.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:19 pm

RobertB wrote: managed the full 100 and satisfied with form
you realise you should only be able to get ten for like the first 5 sets? Your reps should look something like this

you sometimes find you get stronger again after weakening a bit because of short term neural adaptation. It's weird but it happens. If you are getting 10 reps on all sets the weight is far too light. Beef it up!

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Not random enough! I thought I was in the general forum....

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

robertscott wrote: But... but... but... I don't know what to say. I guess that cake I baked for you will have to go in the bin.

CAKE?!?!?!?!? Hmm. I might have to rethink my position.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:22 am

hoosegow wrote:
robertscott wrote: But... but... but... I don't know what to say. I guess that cake I baked for you will have to go in the bin.

CAKE?!?!?!?!? Hmm. I might have to rethink my position.
I'm chucklin'

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:03 am

Hey, I just caught the google bot on the site. I assume that he's welcome.