Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: Random crap

Post by RobertB » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 am

Anyone else never get head aches? at all?

When I was 6-9 I had migraines where I'd be down for 3 days, I'd lie in the dark with a bowl next to me, wretching till it was bile with an awful migraine feeling like I wanted to remove an eye (very concentrated pain near left eye, quite typical apparently though).

They stopped suddenly, now I never ever get headaches, doesnt matter the scenario.

Makes me want to offer my head for study :)

[thank god for random thread, I am a pro ;)]

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm

stuward wrote:Some mills don't like doing residential trees because there's a good chance that at some point in it's 100 year life, some kid has buried a big nail in that tree and that can cause damage to saw blades.
Yeah, I'm hoping that because we built on the property and there were no previous owners, this might not be an issue.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 pm

All my headaches, maybe 6 a year, a knocked out with one ibuprfein/aspirin/igonring it.
Except one. Horrible pain. Dizzying. Maybe 11 years ago. Next time it happens, I hope someone takes me to the hospital, I would suspect aneurysm

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Oscar_Actuary wrote:All my headaches, maybe 6 a year, a knocked out with one ibuprfein/aspirin/igonring it.
Except one. Horrible pain. Dizzying. Maybe 11 years ago. Next time it happens, I hope someone takes me to the hospital, I would suspect aneurysm
that's rough, kinda similar: my mate Ross has had the hiccups last 3 days! And it's happened to him twice, so it'll probably happen again.

jlmoss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jlmoss » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Uggghhh, stuipd XL spreadsheet! Is there no Function that can subtract just simple numbers from two defined cells in xcel 2007? I know there's IMSUB but that doesn't allow me to format the function cell to show $ which throws my Visual referenced Bar Chart off completely to the point that it doesn't even register the number! Arggh

jlmoss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jlmoss » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Never mind. I just found I could just put in the equation myself. =B2-N2... I'm such a Xcel workbook NEWB

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm tickeld

GTO
Novice
Novice

Post by GTO » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am

RobertB wrote: When I was 6-9 I had migraines
How tall are you now?

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 pm

GTO wrote:
RobertB wrote: When I was 6-9 I had migraines
How tall are you now?
:smile:

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 am

:angryfire: Pfft got a pretty bad breakout of pimples this week - went through a phase of having none for a long time, but they creeping back.

I've been eating a fair amount more crap and carbs getting bigger for 5/3/1 and these last two weeks have been very hard work (GVT and cycling as soon as my legs allowed me to) - went to a party(well... bbq/get together) on saturday and drank about 8-9 beers.

Think I've just overdone it and kicked myself while down with the beer

time for a sugar/$h1t food ban for two weeks and a few days off training (sat/sun/mon[bank hol] methinks.

Hope that sorts it! 27 is a bit too old to look like a greasy 18 year old :frown:

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 am

In addition to cutting the sugar and crap food, bump up your Omega 3 to help get your inflamation down. Start getting your carbs from starchy veg, rice and potatoes. Pay attention to gluten.

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:13 am

I feel stupid for all the hard work and not keeping my omega 3 up, gunna kick myself up the ass the next two weeks (and keep it up of course, but two week no exceptions diet wise)

But yea when I first noticed them coming back I always think of your past help and advise and it's where I slack off - aiming to get better in that regard.

teafan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by teafan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 am

RobertB, my wife is a Beauty Therapist and lives for this $hit:

She tells me that all a person needs to do to clear most cases of acne is purchase a facial cleanser and exfoliate/moisturise. Typically, the acne is a simple case of blocked pores. Obviously, this doesnt solve 100% of all peoples issues but it's worth a shot!

She always used to bust my nuts because I washed my face and body with soap - she got me into using neutral shower gels and a dedicated facial cleanser (This sounds way more Metrosexual than it actually is - I literally reach for a bottle instead of a bar of soap in the shower). From time to time (say, once a week) I use an exfoliator (which i've had for the business end of a year - cost about [1 million dollars]) and use a cheap moisturiser ever morning. I feel like a new man!

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 am

teafan wrote: (This sounds way more Metrosexual than it actually is
[..]
I feel like a new man!
you sure you feel like a man at all?

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:46 am

So my son, 14, is invited to Virginia this week by his friend. The wife of course wringing her hands imagining death by a thousand causes until I've had enough and say, "come off it already, what can happen?"

Well so far it's been an once-in-a-century earthquake and now a once-in-a-century hurricane is going to chase him home.

So what should i do if my wife seriously begins to worry about and invasion from outer space?