Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

Jungledoc

Re: Random crap

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 am

He didn't say "pro", just "professional level". Meaning you're as good as the pros. And you got invited to that Canadian thing where you didn't blow out nearly as many ligaments as the pros--didn't you have to qualify as a pro for that?

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Jason Nunn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:34 am

Jungledoc wrote:He didn't say "pro", just "professional level". Meaning you're as good as the pros. And you got invited to that Canadian thing where you didn't blow out nearly as many ligaments as the pros--didn't you have to qualify as a pro for that?
That's the way I took it as well. For North America's, they wanted a pro, but couldn't get one on such short notice so they got me. I'm pretty competitive with the pros, I've just come up short every time I tried to earn my card. I'll get it one day soon.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:34 pm

I don't remember just where you placed, but you weren't last, were you? You were right in there with the big boys. I mean, the other big boys.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:08 am

In Papua New Guinea it is Thursday afternoon. By my calculations, it's now Thanksgiving Day in all of the US (maybe not Hawaii yet). So for my American friends, happy thanksgiving. I hope you have the day off, and I hope your favorite football team wins, and that you are able to give thanks with those you care most about. For the rest of you, have a happy day anyway, and I hope you all have plenty to be thankful for. I know I do; great wife, great kids, the best grandson in history, meaningful work, a dry place to sleep at night, and a dusty little gym with rusty old weights where I can imagine great things about myself.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:59 am

yep, I got it pretty good. Reminds me I need to give some more away.

The_dog_mom
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by The_dog_mom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:28 am

Oscar_Actuary wrote:yep, I got it pretty good. Reminds me I need to give some more away.
Your way of losing weight? :wink:

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:05 pm

:laughing2:

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Jason Nunn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Jungledoc wrote:I don't remember just where you placed, but you weren't last, were you? You were right in there with the big boys. I mean, the other big boys.
No, I got 11th out of 12. It was alot closer though than the score let on. My whole second day was a wash. Pretty much all of the events were grip related and I had no skin on my hands. It was more than just torn calluses. I have perminant scars. Yeah, considering 5 of the guys I was competing against had been to ESPN's World's Strongest Man, I don't feel too bad :wink:

And yes, at 6' and 260lbs I was pretty tiny compared to them. In fact, some of the fans were calling me mighty mouse lol.

CorlessJohnJ

Post by CorlessJohnJ » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Jason Nunn wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:I don't remember just where you placed, but you weren't last, were you? You were right in there with the big boys. I mean, the other big boys.
No, I got 11th out of 12. It was alot closer though than the score let on. My whole second day was a wash. Pretty much all of the events were grip related and I had no skin on my hands. It was more than just torn calluses. I have perminant scars. Yeah, considering 5 of the guys I was competing against had been to ESPN's World's Strongest Man, I don't feel too bad :wink:

And yes, at 6' and 260lbs I was pretty tiny compared to them. In fact, some of the fans were calling me mighty mouse lol.

6' and 260 hahaha man if thats small the guys you were competing against must have been monsters.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Did you see the picture in that article? He's the little guy in the middle.

Jason Nunn wrote:I'm famous :headbang:

http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/blo ... mment-7043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 am

i emailed biotest to see how much it'd cost to get a couple of t-shirts sent to the UK. Turns out it'll cost $70! Disappointing. I was going to buy one of those black shirts that say "testosterone" on them and wear it as a reward for myself for when I hit 200lbs.

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Jason Nunn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:46 am

stuward wrote:Did you see the picture in that article? He's the little guy in the middle.

Jason Nunn wrote:I'm famous :headbang:

http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/blo ... mment-7043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, Christian Savoire (sp?) won. He's around 6'4" and 360lbs. I'm pretty tiny.

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Jason Nunn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 am

robertscott wrote:i emailed biotest to see how much it'd cost to get a couple of t-shirts sent to the UK. Turns out it'll cost $70! Disappointing. I was going to buy one of those black shirts that say "testosterone" on them and wear it as a reward for myself for when I hit 200lbs.
Don't. Most of the guys I see around here wearing them are the same types of guys you'd see wearing affliction or tapout shirts.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:11 am

eeeeewwwwwww tapout shirts?

right well that's completely ruined t-nation shirts for me now...

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:09 pm

I fried a turkey and smoked my first turkey for Thanksgiving this year. I am quite pleased with how the smoked turkey turned out. The meat fell off the bone. I didn't even have to carve the bird. I simply stuck a fork in it and placed it on the serving plate.

I'm tired of eating turkey.