Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Re: Random crap

Post by robertscott » Tue May 03, 2011 7:06 am

stuward wrote:I hope you told him, if a 95# dumbbell gets loose you don't want to be trying to catch it. I usually build a fence with benches around where I work out and scowl at anyone that enters my circle. I only have to drop 1 dumbbell before people start to respect it.
haha I bet that makes you well popular at your gym

"hey man whatever you do don't go over there, that crazy guy goes nuts if you step into his realm"

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 am

I hope that one day, I can dance even a quarter as good as les twins.
Youtube them: juste debout or world of dance.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Tue May 03, 2011 2:25 pm

my girlfriend just completed her first ever weight training workout. I'm so proud

Velcropop
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Velcropop » Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 pm

What did you do after the workout?

robt-aus

Post by robt-aus » Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

today i was cleaning out old paperwork. i found the card for my first gym membership (Prime Movers Fitness and Recreation club member #1347) dated 15-8-1991.

that means i started using gyms when i was 14 years and 5 months old. doesn't look like it :)

robt-aus

Post by robt-aus » Tue May 03, 2011 9:45 pm

and then i found a job resignation letter written three years before i actually did it.
healthy, healthy workplace.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed May 04, 2011 2:51 am

Matt Z wrote:I had a guy try to give me a completely unsolicited spot on Turkish Get-ups yesterday.
That's really funny. What exactly was he doing? Just holding his hands near the DB and following you up? Touching the bell? Wow.

Matt Z

Post by Matt Z » Wed May 04, 2011 4:00 am

He was just hovering, but I think he would have helped if I hadn't told him not to.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Wed May 04, 2011 7:40 am

Velcropop wrote:What did you do after the workout?
what's your angle pervert?

i'm just kidding

KPj

Post by KPj » Wed May 04, 2011 7:57 am

Just be cautious and extra tolerable lol. I've seen couples almost break up whilst trying to train together.

Also, if it helps any, i've trained a few women and, the more I get moaned at during the session, the more they seem to enjoy it. I can get insulted or argued with constantly throughout the session then at the end, it's, "I really enjoyed that!!!". Some men are the same but not the majority. It's funny, really, if you generalise and look at the differences. Men normally move like crap so are more difficult to train "physically" and therefore, for me, this makes them more interesting in that sense. Psychologically men just do what you tell them and don't question it, "generally" (trying hard to not sound sexist here!). Women generally move MUCH better and are much easier to train "physically" but, psychologically, things get a lot more interesting.

KPj

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed May 04, 2011 9:24 am

I think men's egos get in the way, also. They want to go heavy and sacrifice form where women are more likely to listen and go light.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Wed May 04, 2011 10:51 am

KPj wrote:Just be cautious and extra tolerable lol. I've seen couples almost break up whilst trying to train together.
haha, we don't train together! fv(k that. I just gave her a program and sent her on her way, we don't even use the same gym.

KPj

Post by KPj » Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 am

hoosegow wrote:I think men's egos get in the way, also. They want to go heavy and sacrifice form where women are more likely to listen and go light.
Yeh, it's funny. Men try and lift too much and women try and lift too little.... "Generally!"

I always tell people that my own biggest problem in the gym is to "not be an idiot".

KPj

Post by KPj » Wed May 04, 2011 11:14 am

robertscott wrote:
KPj wrote:Just be cautious and extra tolerable lol. I've seen couples almost break up whilst trying to train together.
haha, we don't train together! fv(k that. I just gave her a program and sent her on her way, we don't even use the same gym.
Good idea!!!

I actually train my g/f but, I trained her before we were together...Which went against my "morals" but, it is what is is..... It's the same as it was before when I train her. She complains a lot, I let it all go over my head, and some how, she enjoys it.

To be a trainer you need to be very patient and tolerable anyway.... I'm like that naturally, really, so it works. So far...

KPj

KenDowns
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by KenDowns » Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 pm

My wife has shown an interest in lifting and come down several times to the basement, and I've attempted to teach her the 5 lifts in Stronglifts. It has been, *ahem*, interesting.

In the extra tolerant department I finally blurted, "Well you're not going to get anywhere if you keep acting like a girl!"

The story has a happy ending though, she has continued to come and lift from time to time, though my future career as a personal trainer is in doubt.