Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

mark74
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: Random crap

Post by mark74 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:22 am

Jungledoc wrote:This is getting pretty non-random! It would make a great thread in "General".
Well all that it takes is an admin willing to split the relevant posts. Even a moderator with enough privileges would do it. Granted, the exrx forum is pretty quiet as far as internet madness goes, but I always thought it's a bit unusual there are no mods.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:32 pm

mark74 wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:This is getting pretty non-random! It would make a great thread in "General".
Well all that it takes is an admin willing to split the relevant posts. Even a moderator with enough privileges would do it. Granted, the exrx forum is pretty quiet as far as internet madness goes, but I always thought it's a bit unusual there are no mods.
Ironman, ironmaiden and TimD are all mods. I don't know why TimD isn't listed on this forum, maybe there's some division of labor I don't understand.

mark74
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by mark74 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:37 pm

IM and TimD are full-fledged admins. You're right about ironmaiden though, it's just you don't read him very often these days any more.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Doc, I can mod anything. I'll get to it in time. Wasn't around when that thing about paring showed up, and in the lounge, I pretty much let anything go. Also, I had some minor complications a few months back (TIA), and am a bit slow sometimes, although not often.
Tim

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:10 am

In the old software you would make someone a moderator on a forum by forum basis. It doesn't matter for admins though, they have everything automatically. Moderators are set globally now, so it doesn't matter for that anymore either.

mark74
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by mark74 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:50 am

IIRC you could have global mods in phpBB2 too, unless you're referring to something that was in use before that. Mind you the privilege system in phpBB always gave me headaches, and all in all I'm glad I've never been an admin on a phpBB board, when I first saw the privilege management pages in the phpBB3 admin panel my eyes were about to pop out.

BTW, the espresso tasted so good today I went for a second cup, something I never really do.

mark74
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by mark74 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:53 am

Watch these!

http://vimeo.com/rickmereki/videos/sort:oldest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nickp320
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nickp320 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 am

These 10 minutes before lunch at work are terribleeeee. I don't want to start anything new, and there's almost nothing I can do on my computer that I don't think is tracked. Ughh so bored....
/rant

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 am

I wonder if men can have periods without the... period :)... I woke up today in the most foul mood and can't pin it to anything what so ever, I slept ok, theres nothing major going on in my life stress wise... yet I feel like the day after a bad funeral whilst missing 10 deadlines at work and being ignored after a date (none of which have happened!)

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:51 am

Robert i'm the opposite. Loads happening that should make me miserable but I go on like it's fine. Not sure which is better/healthier, lol.

I learned how to do some basic elbows last week. Well, I learned "one" elbow strike, really. Elbows are actually really technical. Who would of thought!

My friend that was teaching has been saying, "i can't wait to teach you elbows. You will never want to punch anything again, you'll just want to elbow everything". I think he's right!

KPj

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:53 am

KPj wrote:Robert i'm the opposite. Loads happening that should make me miserable but I go on like it's fine. Not sure which is better/healthier, lol.

I learned how to do some basic elbows last week. Well, I learned "one" elbow strike, really. Elbows are actually really technical. Who would of thought!

My friend that was teaching has been saying, "i can't wait to teach you elbows. You will never want to punch anything again, you'll just want to elbow everything". I think he's right!

KPj
Thats good :) It's just a mood swing I think, should be fine later, see how the gym kicks my "happy hormones" into place!

Thai boxing is pretty cool - I guess most martial arts appeal, except weapons + karate (obviously I am somewhat ignorant of karate but it seems its all about insane rules that prevent any real sort of fighting/transfer of strength).

Clinching is good, at 6'4 and with strength training you get a pretty difficult to overcome crush over the top of the other person, traps/lats kick in, delts wont budge - obviously a trained (thai boxing..) guy will tilt me over and ill go flying but with people with similar experience they dont have much of a chance, and when they are being pushed down so they cant see, their back is more arched than yours, they can't get their knees up hehe.

Judo appeals - if/when I get to 90K+ in press, or able to do overhead cable extensions with 80kilos, makes me wonder what I could do in terms of throws. Time to start wearing a spiffy nerd outfit and fighting crime, throwing criminals who attack me one by one into dumpsters like Batman. Or this guy http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ht-warrior" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mark74
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by mark74 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:52 am

RobertB wrote:I wonder if men can have periods without the... period :)... I woke up today in the most foul mood and can't pin it to anything what so ever, I slept ok, theres nothing major going on in my life stress wise... yet I feel like the day after a bad funeral whilst missing 10 deadlines at work and being ignored after a date (none of which have happened!)
I have a hunch you're not getting much sunlight, are you?

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 am

mark74 wrote:
RobertB wrote:I wonder if men can have periods without the... period :)... I woke up today in the most foul mood and can't pin it to anything what so ever, I slept ok, theres nothing major going on in my life stress wise... yet I feel like the day after a bad funeral whilst missing 10 deadlines at work and being ignored after a date (none of which have happened!)
I have a hunch you're not getting much sunlight, are you?
Hmm no I'm not at all come to think of it - but I'm From Manchester :) (permanent overcast) But thats a valid point, I am getting a bike asap (just pulling my bleeding hair out trying to decide which, the better the bike, the less practical it is to collect it) so that's definately going to change - getting bored on sundays and some evenings so I'll be getting decent light then putting some cycling miles in. Feel somewhat better now I've scoffed a load of food - could be vit D... still a bit off/weird feeling though, off to gym in 20 minutes.

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Check box if you agree menstrual cycles will never be mentioned on this thread again.
Exception for ladies.
And then still, warn me.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:00 am

KPj wrote:Robert i'm the opposite. Loads happening that should make me miserable but I go on like it's fine. Not sure which is better/healthier, lol.

KPj
They are cool. I used to like to break things with my elbows. For one of my tests I had to break a stack of bricks (garden border "bricks" not really too strong) and our instructor was too cheap to buy bricks to practice on, so my one and only time to break bricks was at the test, and I used a down elbow strike. They broke.