Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks. I saw it years ago, but hadn't remembered it. I'm obviously not a cult fan. Maybe I should watch it again. Somebody around here must have it.

I like "your father smelt of elderberries" the best.

I still haven't fully gotten used to the idea of Papua New Guinean knights.

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 am

jungledoc wrote:Rik-Blades wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa0cz2V_VqU
Thanks. I saw it years ago, but hadn't remembered it. I'm obviously not a cult fan. Maybe I should watch it again. Somebody around here must have it.

I like "your father smelt of elderberries" the best.

I still haven't fully gotten used to the idea of Papua New Guinean knights.
My favorite bit is the killer rabbit! My wife has a rabbit, I keep reminding her of what rabbits are capable of!

"it's got huge sharp.....it can leap...LOOK AT THE BONES!"

Helena115
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Helena115 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 am

Rik-Blades wrote: My favorite bit is the killer rabbit! My wife has a rabbit, I keep reminding her of what rabbits are capable of!

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAAYYY!!

:green:

"what are you gonna do?! BLEED on me?!"

hahaaha it's hilarious!!

wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:17 am

Owning and Daily Driving a Jeep without Air Conditioning seemed like such a good idea in January.

Now, that idea doesn't seem so good..

hahahahah :)

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Helena115 wrote:Rik-Blades wrote:

My favorite bit is the killer rabbit! My wife has a rabbit, I keep reminding her of what rabbits are capable of!

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAAYYY!!

green

"what are you gonna do?! BLEED on me?!"

hahaaha it's hilarious!!
:lol: Pure class!

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Almost finished reading "Man-eaters of Kumaon" by Jim Corbett. Great book!

KPj

Post by KPj » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 am

I've actually just finished reading "Arnolds Bodybuilding for Men". It's not a difficult or heavy going read though and didn't take long. Was digging around some stuff that's not been touched in years and found it.

There were some surprising and not so surprising points in it.

(these may not be an exact quote but near enough)

"In the old days, bodybuilders started out training their full body 3 times per week" - So this is something I believe in anyway. This book was published in the early 80's so, the 'old days' are in reference to the old days relative to that time.

"Normal people can't build more than around 10lbs of muscle mass in one year. Gifted athletes may build an extra 15lbs of muscle mass per year".

Was quite surprised at the above statement. Note that the second quote is deffinitly not word for word but the point is - 10-15lbs of muscle mass per year???

KPj

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Is there anyone else who thinks that small guys (width of shoulders) with muscle look better than wide guys with muscle? (no gay undertone)

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:15 pm

For the boys: google Larissa Riquelme

frogbyte
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by frogbyte » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Were those last two posts unrelated? She's fine, but I'm not noticing anything notable about her shoulders, other than it's difficult to even look at them when other parts are so distracting.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:48 pm

frogbyte wrote:Were those last two posts unrelated? She's fine, but I'm not noticing anything notable about her shoulders, other than it's difficult to even look at them when other parts are so distracting.
Yeah, totally unrelated

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:45 pm

KPj wrote:I've actually just finished reading "Arnolds Bodybuilding for Men". It's not a difficult or heavy going read though and didn't take long. Was digging around some stuff that's not been touched in years and found it.

There were some surprising and not so surprising points in it.

(these may not be an exact quote but near enough)

"In the old days, bodybuilders started out training their full body 3 times per week" - So this is something I believe in anyway. This book was published in the early 80's so, the 'old days' are in reference to the old days relative to that time.

"Normal people can't build more than around 10lbs of muscle mass in one year. Gifted athletes may build an extra 15lbs of muscle mass per year".

Was quite surprised at the above statement. Note that the second quote is deffinitly not word for word but the point is - 10-15lbs of muscle mass per year???

KPj
Alan Aragon and Lyle McDonald have done some very good reviews of the literature and that is a common finding. And there's nothing wrong with gaining 10 pounds of muscle. It is impressive looking and can be substantial performance wise (for sports).

What really drives me up the wall is people gaining a bunch of fat and thinking it is muscle, not measuring fat content, not being scientific about things (but journaling every rep they lift, graphing PRs, etc.)

I hope in your "general trainer" work, you learn to caliper well like Alan Aragon does.

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Wouter wrote:Is there anyone else who thinks that small guys (width of shoulders) with muscle look better than wide guys with muscle? (no gay undertone)
what about wide sholders with low muscle versus thin shoulders with low muscle? :wink:

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:07 pm

ApolytonGP wrote:
Wouter wrote:Is there anyone else who thinks that small guys (width of shoulders) with muscle look better than wide guys with muscle? (no gay undertone)
what about wide sholders with low muscle versus thin shoulders with low muscle? :wink:
Wide shoulders will look better, just like being taller helps, but if you just don't have the bones for it, that doesn't mean you can't improve what you have. The extra muscle will always help.

That said, I've seen some individuals with huge shoulders and nothing else and it just looks strange.

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:49 pm

What about me? Serious question.