NEW WEBSITE!

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Post Reply
Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm

NEW WEBSITE!

Post by Jason Nunn » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Hello everyone! Didn't know where to put this post, so I put it here. I just started a PT website for my business and I've got some pretty good articles and videos lined up for it. It's www.nunnstronger.com Enjoy!

User avatar
nygmen
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1802
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: Mass, USA

Post by nygmen » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 am

I know this is SPAM, but dude, come on...

Nunn Stronger?

None Stronger?

serious?

ha ha, the link doesn't even work.

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Jason Nunn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:47 am

It's not SPAM. It's my website I created, and thought I'd share. By the way, Nunn is my last name. I dont know why the link doesn't work. Type it in your browser and it'll take you to my site.

User avatar
nygmen
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1802
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: Mass, USA

Post by nygmen » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:51 am

I kind of figured it was your last name.

I'm poking fun at your marketing, or lack there of.

I would, based on pure instinct alone, choose a program called "AlotaMass" before I went with "NunnMass." Get it?

I'm just saying... Maybe you should re-think your name. Just my opinion.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by Jebus » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 am

you added an extra period after com

ex .com./

User avatar
Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3991
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Ironman » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Because of the nature of your sites and what you do, you have been granted certain exceptions to the usual rules. However you have taken our indulgence to the limit. This is your thread. Put any future web sites in this thread rather than making new ones. As long as you stick with that and limit your links to just your own personal fitness related sites, it's all good.

User avatar
Jungledoc
moderator
moderator
Posts: 7578
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:15 am

nygmen wrote:I kind of figured it was your last name.

I'm poking fun at your marketing, or lack there of.

I would, based on pure instinct alone, choose a program called "AlotaMass" before I went with "NunnMass." Get it?

I'm just saying... Maybe you should re-think your name. Just my opinion.
He doesn't use "NunnMass" anywhere that I can see. He uses "NunnStronger", which is a cute pun implying "none stronger."

I don't get why you would jump on the guy like that. He's a CSCS, for goodness sake--seems like the sort of guy we'd want to have around the forum.

Jason--welcome. What I dislike about people posting their links is if they post it, then don't participate in the forum. For someone who becomes a regular part of the group to post a link doesn't bother me. So I'd encourage you to jump in and be part of things here--I'm sure you would have a lot to contribute.

User avatar
nygmen
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1802
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: Mass, USA

Post by nygmen » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:34 am

Jungledoc wrote:
nygmen wrote:I kind of figured it was your last name.

I'm poking fun at your marketing, or lack there of.

I would, based on pure instinct alone, choose a program called "AlotaMass" before I went with "NunnMass." Get it?

I'm just saying... Maybe you should re-think your name. Just my opinion.
He doesn't use "NunnMass" anywhere that I can see. He uses "NunnStronger", which is a cute pun implying "none stronger."

I don't get why you would jump on the guy like that. He's a CSCS, for goodness sake--seems like the sort of guy we'd want to have around the forum.

Jason--welcome. What I dislike about people posting their links is if they post it, then don't participate in the forum. For someone who becomes a regular part of the group to post a link doesn't bother me. So I'd encourage you to jump in and be part of things here--I'm sure you would have a lot to contribute.
Marketing is very psychological. Everyone likes to think they are above it, but they are not. A name is a very important part of your business, and to deny this fact is silly.

To be successful you have to ABC. (Always Be Closing.) Owning a business is 24/7 and there isn't one moment were your name on the sign in front of your building isn't trying to close for you. Cute puns can work, they can also quickly lead to Chapter 11 if other people don't get it.

The name on his webpage is better than his hyperlink. It is generic but fine. The hyperlink you see as a pun, I see as something many people won't click on in a google search.

If I was harsh, I apologize, but running a business isn't a game of patty cake. I've been called some colorful names as someone's CPA, let alone an employee.

Then again what do I know, I only help run businesses for a living :lol:

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Jason Nunn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:33 am

nygmen wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:
nygmen wrote:I kind of figured it was your last name.

I'm poking fun at your marketing, or lack there of.

I would, based on pure instinct alone, choose a program called "AlotaMass" before I went with "NunnMass." Get it?

I'm just saying... Maybe you should re-think your name. Just my opinion.
He doesn't use "NunnMass" anywhere that I can see. He uses "NunnStronger", which is a cute pun implying "none stronger."

I don't get why you would jump on the guy like that. He's a CSCS, for goodness sake--seems like the sort of guy we'd want to have around the forum.

Jason--welcome. What I dislike about people posting their links is if they post it, then don't participate in the forum. For someone who becomes a regular part of the group to post a link doesn't bother me. So I'd encourage you to jump in and be part of things here--I'm sure you would have a lot to contribute.
Marketing is very psychological. Everyone likes to think they are above it, but they are not. A name is a very important part of your business, and to deny this fact is silly.

To be successful you have to ABC. (Always Be Closing.) Owning a business is 24/7 and there isn't one moment were your name on the sign in front of your building isn't trying to close for you. Cute puns can work, they can also quickly lead to Chapter 11 if other people don't get it.

The name on his webpage is better than his hyperlink. It is generic but fine. The hyperlink you see as a pun, I see as something many people won't click on in a google search.

If I was harsh, I apologize, but running a business isn't a game of patty cake. I've been called some colorful names as someone's CPA, let alone an employee.

Then again what do I know, I only help run businesses for a living :lol:
Thanks for the imput fellas. I'm sure there are much better people than me at things like marketing, etc. I have actually run several successful gyms in the past. The main reason I created that website wasn't nessisarily to sell my training services, but more to provide information for clients. They are always asking questions. If you'll notice, I have an articles section on the site that answers many of the questions I get asked on a daily basis. The nunnstronger thing was actually created as kind of joke between some of my clients because I am a strongman competitor. Again thanks for the imput guys. I'm always looking to get better.

User avatar
nygmen
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1802
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Location: Mass, USA

Post by nygmen » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:21 am

Jason Nunn wrote:
Thanks for the imput fellas. I'm sure there are much better people than me at things like marketing, etc. I have actually run several successful gyms in the past. The main reason I created that website wasn't nessisarily to sell my training services, but more to provide information for clients. They are always asking questions. If you'll notice, I have an articles section on the site that answers many of the questions I get asked on a daily basis. The nunnstronger thing was actually created as kind of joke between some of my clients because I am a strongman competitor. Again thanks for the imput guys. I'm always looking to get better.
I like your articles & writing FWIW & congrats on Elitelifts...

User avatar
Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3991
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Ironman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:36 pm

Yea, Jungledoc has pretty much hit on the reason why he gets to post links. He has expertise and credentials in this field, the site has good accurate information and there are lots of articles and free public service type content. Plus he went about it the proper way, including participation (all be it a small amount). There is plenty of stuff on the sites of interest to forum visitors.

I liked his original article too. I had very little criticism for it. It was quite well done. Much better the then a lot of the articles we usually get.

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Jason Nunn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoy the articles. I actually read this board quite a bit. Just never have much to say I guess. Currently, I working on two more articles for submission to elite. Stay tuned...

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Jason Nunn » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Recently, I put together a training program for some deconditioned firefighters in my area. This initial phase of the program is focused on developing job specific work capacity for them. Go to the tactical strength and conditioning link to check it out.

Post Reply