Stupid people who own dogs

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Rucifer

Stupid people who own dogs

Post by Rucifer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Why is there so idiots who own big dogs that do nothing to stop them when they're snarling and darting at you like a bat out of hell? I'm on my family vacation and my parents have a little chihuahua and some idiot's dog comes charging at them and her barking and growling and my dad held his foot out so the dog couldn't reach their chihuahua (for starters he should have had his dog on a leash). So then this jackass comes up and starts mouthing off to my dad, saying he was "assaulting" his dog. First off, my dad wouldn't hurt a fly, but I certainly would, so when they came back up to the house and told this story to everyone, course I went down and told this guy what's up. But jesus, if you have a dog that's darting at someone barking and they're not on your property, guess what, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT ITS GONNA DO. If people were smarter dog owners, this whole situation would have been avoided, so just my advice to you all, be more responsible pet owners. This is why pit bulls have such a bad rap, simply because of retarded owners. I can't begin to count the number of times when I was running some idiot would just watch his dog come within one foot of me growling and baring its fangs and he'd just stand there like a dolt.

frigginwizard

Post by frigginwizard » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:52 am

I couldn't agree more, Ive had rott's all my life, and the number one thing that you have to make clear to the dog while you raise it is that aggressive behavior towards people is unacceptable.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 am

I'd have to disagree with Rucifer. Stupid people, regardless if the own dogs or not, suck.

Matt Z
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by Matt Z » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:58 pm

I agree. I've been charged by dogs (sometimes two at a time) several times while hiking and it's not fun.

bob

Post by bob » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:33 pm

My dog has been attacked twice. Both times the owners were walking their dogs without leashes. Fortunately my dog was alright both times.I reminded them of the leash law, but they didn't care. So now, in addition to carrying a golf club for protection, i have a dog horn that is excruciatingly loud. Some people just shouldn't be dog owners. Not only that, but most owners don't pick up after their dogs. I don't appreciate stepping in a pile of dog $h1t that some idiot didn't clean up.

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 pm

bob wrote:My dog has been attacked twice. Both times the owners were walking their dogs without leashes. Fortunately my dog was alright both times.I reminded them of the leash law, but they didn't care. So now, in addition to carrying a golf club for protection, i have a dog horn that is excruciatingly loud. Some people just shouldn't be dog owners. Not only that, but most owners don't pick up after their dogs. I don't appreciate stepping in a pile of dog $h1t that some idiot didn't clean up.
That's part of the problem with the world. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed, while others shouldn't be allowed to own pets. Yea I know I'm an @$$h0l3 for saying so but its my opinion and I am sticking too it.