New digg/reddit/wiki style website on BB/PL/AAS.

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:57 am

I found this to partly answer my own question. It doesn't cover the issues of physician prescribing steroids for use by athletes and body builders.

I'm not planning a new side business, by the way. I'm opposed to prescribing and using anabolics for non-medical uses, in the same way I'm opposed to cosmetic surgery. I support the right of people to take risks with their own health so long as adverse outcomes do not put a burden on the rest of the public, and I support the right of physicians to not participate in people taking such risks.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:02 am

If you were Doc, I might move to Papua. :lol:

Tim, the DEA made is a Schedule III drug on February 27, 1991. If you ever write a book - Everything TimD Knows About Training and the History of Training, I am buying it.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Jungledoc wrote:I found this to partly answer my own question. It doesn't cover the issues of physician prescribing steroids for use by athletes and body builders.

I'm not planning a new side business, by the way. I'm opposed to prescribing and using anabolics for non-medical uses, in the same way I'm opposed to cosmetic surgery. I support the right of people to take risks with their own health so long as adverse outcomes do not put a burden on the rest of the public, and I support the right of physicians to not participate in people taking such risks.
Yea, it is indeed a schedule 3. It can be prescribed for certain conditions. Some things like testosterone are for hormone replacement. Then there are other drugs that are more for wasting diseases.

So it is tightly controlled, but it is nothing like schedule 2, such as ADD medication.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm surprised that there aren't doctors or clinics that are more involved, or even specializing in this. If it's just sched 3, it shouldn't be a problem for doctors to prescribe it, and then it would be legal for the users to possess it, etc.

BFG
n00b
n00b

Post by BFG » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Looks like steroids are soon to be obsolete anyways. Theres a new thing coming - gene therapy!! http://st.eroids.com/next-frontier-athl ... ping-genes

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:40 am

hoosegow wrote:If you were Doc, I might move to Papua. :lol:
Good idea. I'll consider it.

You might not if you knew how hard it is to get Twizzlers here! :lol: