Hey Doc, Did you feel the Earth Shake?

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

wilburburns

Hey Doc, Did you feel the Earth Shake?

Post by wilburburns » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 am

I was following your Farmers Walk instructions for Beginners and dropped the first weeks weights. I think it caused the Earthquake in PNG...

I hope the jungle didn't fall on you..

Cliff

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am

PNG is like the earthquake capital of the world. I didn't know until now what was causing them. For some reason, some of the quakes here get reported in the world media, even if they are really insignificant. We'll often get inquiries from people wondering if we are safe, when, if it weren't for them we wouldn't know that there had been a quake.

A friend told me that there is a website that places a little red dot on a map of the world to indicate the epicenter whenever a quake occurs. He said that the island of New Guinea is completely obscured by the red dots!

By the way, when did I ever give instructions for farmer's walks for beginners?

wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 am

Always start farmer's walks with 7.5 pounds. Then increase by 2.25 pounds each month until you limit out. Then reset and try again.
Good to hear all is well in the Earthquake capital of the world. I thought you must be OK with the amount of posting today. Your Internet must be fixed now also...

Cliff