Page 2 of 3

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 am
by Grifftan
A friend of mine wanted to give his son Luke the middle name Sky walker. The registrar Laughed at him and refused to do it!

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:35 am
by Helena115
wilburburns wrote: In Sweden, there is an agency that has the power to determine what you can and cannot name your children...

And I thought the Swedes were more open minded than that..

Cliff
Yeah, well when parents try to name their babies Butthead and stuff like that I guess it's a good thing that someone puts a stop to it.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm
by frogbyte
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:00 pm
by Rucifer
frogbyte wrote:'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
I don't understand that crap,
and neither do you :grin:

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:18 pm
by frogbyte
Yes I do,
And you should too,
Cause it's awesome,
And... uh... something.

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:08 pm
by A. moss
My real name is Angus Moss. thats kind of weird. Especially when my friends decide they think there funny......

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:10 pm
by A. moss
frogbyte wrote:Yes I do,
And you should too,
Cause it's awesome,
And... uh... something.


You know that its true.

that should be the last line

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:13 pm
by Jungledoc
A. moss wrote:My real name is Angus Moss. thats kind of weird. Especially when my friends decide they think there funny......
I can imagine little kids making cow jokes, but otherwise I'm not sure what they would find funny. It sounds like a name of character. Or of a character, one or the other.

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 am
by hoosegow
Angus Young - Only the best guitarist in the best band EVER.

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 am
by Rucifer
Angus Mcfayden is the dude who plays Earl the Bruce in the movie braveheart. So anytime I hear the name Angus, I think Middle Age badass :wink:

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 am
by wilburburns
Ok, It's not a persons name that I am aware of, but we do have a restaurant in town with this name.

Hugh Jass Burgers

I guess there could be a Mr. Hugh Jass, but I've never met him.

Cliff

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 am
by A. moss
Cow noises isn't the worst thing I've herd. But it doesn't bother me really....... they usually only say crap once.... :wink:

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:06 am
by Helena115
hoosegow wrote:Angus Young - Only the best guitarist in the best band EVER.
\m/ saw them live a couple of weeks ago here in Stockholm. Fantastic.

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:06 am
by A. moss
wilburburns wrote:Ok, It's not a persons name that I am aware of, but we do have a restaurant in town with this name.

Hugh Jass Burgers

I guess there could be a Mr. Hugh Jass, but I've never met him.

Cliff

If so, I doubt there is a Mrs.

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:12 am
by A. moss
I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Hugh Jass.