Music poll sort of

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Helena115
Apprentice
Apprentice

Music poll sort of

Post by Helena115 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 pm

So, who in here likes sleaze/glam/"hair" metal and lives in the US?

(good grief, I went looking for a metal-sign smiley, and there are like 800 new smiles, and no metal sign? Or headbanging?? Get with the program people :cyclops: )

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Music poll sort of

Post by Ironman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:31 pm

Helena115 wrote:So, who in here likes sleaze/glam/"hair" metal and lives in the US?

(good grief, I went looking for a metal-sign smiley, and there are like 800 new smiles, and no metal sign? Or headbanging?? Get with the program people :cyclops: )
I like many different kinds of metal including those. Not so much on the more pop side of glam though.
:headbang:

Click "more smiles" and go to page 5. I can add it to the list that displays when I get around to it though.

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:51 am

You Scandinavians and your hair metal :) Used to play world of warcraft and every damn video or every voice com track would be Metal, arrrrgh :)

[/end uninvited rant] :)

Helena115
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Helena115 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:55 pm

RobertB wrote:You Scandinavians and your hair metal :) Used to play world of warcraft and every damn video or every voice com track would be Metal, arrrrgh :)

[/end uninvited rant] :)
Well now, don't confuse hair metal with "euro" metal (Yngwie, Helloween, Manowar, Iced Earth, Hammerfall...). :geek:

I'm talking about Motley Crue, Faster Pussycat, Sweet FA, GnR, Hardcore Superstar... :cool:

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Helena115 wrote:I'm talking about Motley Crue, Faster Pussycat, Sweet FA, GnR, Hardcore Superstar... :cool:
Then put me down for a "YES".

Can we throw the Ramones in there?
I just discovered them.

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Kids!! You just discovered the Ramones? Now look up The Velvet Underground, MC5, New York Dolls, the Stooges and the Pretty Things.

I never became interested in the later versions of metal. But the music I listened too was mostly Glam Rock, traditional heavy metal and proto punk. Of course we didn't call it that then. There really wasn't any name for it then.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:38 pm

stuward wrote:Kids!! You just discovered the Ramones?
yeah, I've heard of them of course, but never appreciated them. I listen to a wide variety of stuff played on the radio :cheese:
While I've always thought of myself as a music lover, compared to many guys, I'm an amatuer.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 am

The Ramones are punk rock. A completely different style of music. One I also like quite a lot too.

Helena115
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Helena115 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Ok people, here's the deal... I'm trying to help promote this awesome Swedish sleaze/glam metal band in the US, so I've made a facebook profile and me and another fan are admining a fan page... so anyone here who's on facebook, please add me (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002370487482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to your friends and also like our page: http://www.facebook.com/CrashDietAmerica" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks guys!! :headbang:

Stefan 93

Post by Stefan 93 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:23 am

Rammstein is interesting.
Great way to promote new album with those dildos.

They're all satanists...
I apologize to everyone I've enraged. I'll try to correct myself.