Training question

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

misterjingo
n00b
n00b

Training question

Post by misterjingo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:22 pm

I'm trying to add some cardio into my routine. I can't stand cardio, so I'm working on a routine that is like a circuit training routine. Basically I'm taking one exercise per muscle group and going from one to the other with little or no rest in between sets. I do the circuit twice. I tried this the other day and it wore me out.

Is this really a good way of working out?

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:53 pm

Hi. Well, that is known as the old PHA or Peripheral Heart Action method, popularized years ago. Not the best way to go for maximal size or strength, but IMO, from a general fitness/metabolic/somewhat cardio perspective, it can't be beat. The guys and gals over at Crossfit.com use all kinds of variations on this. But keep in mind, if you're interested in strength, you should include a few separate sessions devoted to that.
Good training,
Tim

Scott Ismari
Novice
Novice

Post by Scott Ismari » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:21 pm

I agree with TimD. A good fast paced (preferably no rest) weight program involving your larger muscle groups foremost (legs, back and chest) mixed in with sprints, plyometrics and/or shuffle runs cant be beat for a good mix of cross training for endurance and fat burning. Again, for strength, split your workouts up or slow the pace down between sets.
Desire, Dedication, Discipline

Scott Ismari

DELETED

Destiny

Post by DELETED » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:04 am

DELETED