Hello

Admistrative notes, report abuse

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

winhazel2525
former lurker

Hello

Post by winhazel2525 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Tonight, I found 5 or 6 users that posted 20 to 30 messages each all over the place. It is nice that the "find all posts by user" function works now. However what I really need is a "delete all" function. Or is there a way to set it where people can't post until 3 days later? Or can I create an e-mail address that account creations can go to? Can we ban IP addresses? Anything?

stuward

Re: Hello

Post by stuward » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 am

As a normal user, you can't delete other user's posts. I can as a moderator. Right now I'm the only one that visits at all and I don't visit very often. There's more spam traffic that legitimate traffic these days. There's more filtered out that you don't see but my notification directory is usually pretty full.

I don't think the situation is going to improve. Most traffic has gone to Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, etc and this forum doesn't get much anymore. However, since the main site is still high traffic, the spammers tend to find it profitable to bother us.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD